Chapter 13

Sydney's pov

"So tell me a little bit about yourself Mr. Stoff." Denis and I had taken some Vodka and drove to a beautiful cliff. I always came here when I was upset or when I needed to clear my head. I took a swig of vodka and listened to Stoff tell his story.

"Well I grew up in Donestk with my parents and brother. I was in two previous bands before joining Asking." I chuckled to myself and told him "I knew all that stuff dummy. I want to know about YOU not your Wikipedia page." I pushed his shoulder.  He laughed for a second and then asked me "What is it you want to know?"

"What makes Denis Stoff...Denis Stoff?" I have a way with words when I'm drunk. 

"Well, ever since stand up and scream came out I've wanted to be in a band. I was an 'emo' 17 year old when the album came out and I thought it was a totally killer album. I don't really know what you're asking for, but I had a good childhood growing up. My parents were in love with each other and me and my brother Aleksander usually got along. In high school my brother, who is older than me, was kind of a dick to me until I beat the shit out of him." I chuckled, this reminded me of Danny and me with all of the trouble we caused.  "Were you the 'bad boy' in school?" I jokingly asked.

"Actually, I was. You had the sort of bad boys that all the chicks obsessed over, but I was the real deal. After I beat up my brother I became a cool kid. I got a little over the top and cocky and I screwed a lot of people over." I was surprised at some of what Denis was telling me. Not that many people are that open with me. "I know you read about me and how I was a douche to my previous bands and I want you to know that I've changed. I'm not that same guy and I never want to be that guy again." He turned and looked at me. The way his glossy brown hair shined in the sun and the way it blew in his face from the wind was super cute. 

"Yeah I guess I misjudged you at first." I admitted for the first time. "I'd like to start over with you." Denis' eyebrows raised. "Oh really?" he smirked "what do you have in mind?" 

"Weeeeeeelll. We are too drunk to drive, so do you want to explore the forest that's down the road?" We were in a really woody and hilly part of England and I loved to explore the area. 

"As long as I can take the vodka." Denis grabbed the vodka and started walking. 

We walked through the forest and just talked about life. I have to say, Stoff is a really great guy. 

Denis pov:

I watched the beautiful creature in front of me talk about the forest around us. It's weird to think that just days ago we were each other's worst enemy, but now, I can safely say we are on our way to become great friends and hopefully more.

"Tell me about you and Ben." I asked. She turned around and asked me "why do you want to know." 

"Well you guys seem to sleep together, kiss, and act like a couple, but you guys aren't one." She smiled a little when I said that and said "Ben and I have been friends since Danny brought him home one day when I was around 13 I think. We really hit it off. Ben is my best friend and we've done everything together. We went to prom, his first concert, his first show, and we even took each other's virginities." "Wow. So why aren't you guys, well, dating?" I really hoped I wasn't pushing her too much.

"He claims he isn't 'ready for love'"  she sighed. "But I can't complain, I don't know that we could work." she looked at me for a few moments and said, "I've always wanted to date a guy like you." I was about to say something back when we came across a waterfall. 

" I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS HERE!" She yelled, "LET'S SWIM!" She proceeded to strip down and I did the same. We swam around for a while and right when she was going to get out, I splashed her with the water. 

"OH NO YOU DIDN'T!" She screamed. "OH I SOOOO DID." 

"OH IT. IS. ON. STOFF!" She yelled. "BRING IT ON WORSNOP!" She came at me and dunked me, that girl is strong for how small she is. 

"I. AM. THE. DOMINANT. SIBLING!" she shouted. That was a popular thing her and the boys said when they were fighting. She usually said it when she won. 

"NOT TODAY BITCH!" I shouted grabbing her and throwing her into the water. She came up a few seconds later and gave me a glare that could kill. 

We stood like this in the water for several seconds drifting closer to each other each second. Once I got to her I cupped her face, and kissed her. 

Sydney's pov

The kiss was magical. I had never experienced a kiss quite like this. Even though it lasted for a few moments, it left me breathless. In the period we had kissed I had wrapped my legs around his waist and was clinging to him like I would never let go. When Denis pulled away he seemed to be out of breath. He all of a sudden muttered "Sorry, I shouldn't have." But I pulled his neck towards me and kissed him. 

This went on for several minutes until we got cold from the water. Once we got out I checked my phone and had a bunch of messages from the boys. I decided to reply to them via twitter.

@sambettely, @cameronliddel, @james_cassells, @benjaminbruce: I'm fine mom. Just hanging out with @realdstoff now leave me alone. 

Denis laughed when he saw the tweet and said "you're gonna be in so much trouble young lady." He was such a dork. 

We started walking back to the car when Denis nervously said, "So, uh...I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go on a date tonight." I thought for a second before saying, "If you think you can handle me, then yes." He had a huge grin on his face and said "How's 8 o'clock?" As we got into the car I said "See you then."

Back at the house. 

Once we got back to the house I was tackled by Sam demanding to know where I went. I told him that I went with James to the cliff to hang out. Sam sighed and told me to tell them where I'm going next time. They seem to forget I'm not a little kid anymore, but I guess they just care. 

"ATTENTION EVERYONE!" I shouted. Everyone came into the room before I started. "I have a date with Denis tonight and I need help picking something to wear." Everyone groaned except for Ben. He seemed dumbfounded at the recent turn of events. "Who wants to help me?" I said. "I guess I will." I turned and saw that James was the one who offered. 

"JAMES IS MY FAVORIIITTTTEEEE!" I shouted running to my room. James came in shortly afterwards with enough knowledge on where Denis was taking me to help. We picked out a black leather shirt, black skinny jeans, and high top light blue vans. While he was helping me with my he said, "I thought you and Ben were a thing." I rolled my eyes and said, "Ben said he wasn't ready for a relationship. So, I moved on. Maybe if he were to get his ass in gear he could have me, but that's not happening." I said. 

"Oh." was all James said. "I thought maybe you guys were a thing seeing as how Ben reacted." "Well it's his own fault if anything." I said. 

"His own fault for what?"

"Speaking of the devil." James said and walked out. "You and Denis huh?" Ben smiled at me. "Yeah. I decided to get back into the dating game and Denis asked me out...so I said yes." I looked at him and he gave me a small smile. "I'm glad you found someone Syd. Just make sure he treats you rights cause I don't want to have to beat up a band member." He said. 

Me and Ben walked out to the living room and met with Denis. 

"Ok you two, behave yourselves and Denis, have her back by 1:00 AM." Cam said. 

"Guys. We aren't little kids anymore." I whined. "I don't care if your 10 or 75. You will always be my baby sister." Cam retorted. 

After the date. 

Denis ended up taking me to a fancy restaurant and we walked around the downtown of the town we were in, I forget the name of the town. After that we went to an ice cream parlor and talked the rest of the night.

As we walked inside Denis spun me around and kissed me. After we pulled away he whispered:

Be mine.