Chapter 6

Sydney's pov:

I sat there shocked for a long time. He hated me because I was a Worsnop? What a bitch I thought to myself. I got up and stormed inside to give him a piece of my mind, but as I went inside, Ben stopped me.

"Hey what are you doing?" He put his arm in front of me which told me to stop.

"Going to talk to your shitty excuse for a singer and give him a piece of my mind!" I shouted at him. Ben looked angry and was about to say something back when all of a sudden Denis showed up.

"Hey Denis, what did you say to Sydney?" Ben cooly asked. 

"What are you talking about?" Oh so Denis was trying to play innocent. what a bitch.

"What do you mean 'what are you talking about'" I mocked his accent. "You told me you didn't like me because I was a Worsnop. I jabbed.

"What?" Ben looked shocked. 

"I didn't say anything like that! She's trying to make you angry so you won't hire me." Denis shouted. "I wouldn't do that!" I shouted back.  We argued for another five minutes before Ben shouted "ENOUGH!"

We both looked at  him surprised. "I don't give a damn about what you think about each other. Obviously Syd was making this up-"

"WHAT?" I couldn't believe that Ben was choosing Denis over me. Denis looked over at me and gave me a cheeky-ass-stupid dumbshit smile

"Yeah, you did tell me that Denis didn't seem like a good guy and you were pretty adverse to him joining." Ben said obviously annoyed. 

"That doesn't mean I'd sabotage him! I'm not my fucking brother!" I exclaimed" 

"Whatever Syd." I couldn't believe Ben.

"Fuck both of you!" I shouted and ran up to my room and slammed the door. Between what has happened today, Danny, and hate that I've been given. My depression was at an all time high. I cried myself to sleep that night, but not before I broke my clean 3 years of being clean. 

Ben's pov.

I really wanted to believe Sydney, but I need Denis to know that we are behind him. Plus, I don't think she would've taken what I said too hard. Denis just walked out back for a smoke so I decided to start writing. One thing that kept running through my head is Danny and how he left. This may sound gay to you guys, but we actually promised each other we were going to be there for each other. 

*Flashback*

"Hey Danny, is something wrong?" I sat next to him on the couch. "My Dad. He...He left again." I could tell that this really affected Danny even if he was trying to hide it. "I'm sorry about that man." I shrugged trying to play it cool. 

"Ben, why does everyone in my life leave." Danny asked while taking a swig of Vodka. "I don't know. But what I do know is that I won't leave. You're like my brother and I would give you everything." I said throwing my arm around his shoulder. 

*End of flashback*

I gave you everything, but I never thought we'd end up like this. 

I remember an argument we had before he left. It was one of the last times we talked to each other. 

*Flashback*

"YOU'RE KILLING YOURSELF DANNY! DON'T YOU SEE THAT?" I screamed at him for what seemed like the millionth time.

"FUCK OFF BEN. I DON'T NEED YOU, OR THIS BAND, OR MY SISTER TO TELL ME WHAT I'M DOING TO MYSELF." Danny said giving me the finger. 

"Danny, I love you so fucking much. You're the brother I never had. But don't you see that every breath you take I have to watch you slip away? I don't want to see you kill yourself!"  I said tugging at my hair. He was really stressing me out. 

"Ben-"

"No Danny, I'm a ghost of myself from begging you to stop. I've pleading with you for YEARS to stop. Don't you care? Can you not feel what I feel?" my voiced cracked at the end. 

Danny sighed and shook his head. He took another drink of his Bourbon before he answered me.

"I fucking hate myself Ben. I take one look in the mirror and I can't stand myself. That's why I drink."

That's why I drink.

*End Flashback*

I wrote some things I thought fit well in the song and just thought about Danny. Sure I was really angry at him, but I still love him, that part won't ever change.  I stared down at my leg where Danny tattooed a guy wanking and grinned. He gave Syd a tattoo that said "Fuck off" or something to that effect with a penis. That was the last time we let him tattoo us drunk. I decided to see how Syd was doing. I felt bad for what I said

I walked up to her room and knocked on her door. She didn't answer so I just opened the door and laid down next to her. God she was so beautiful. I saw she had tear stains on her face which broke me up on the inside. I didn't mean to hurt her. I cuddled closer and fell asleep. 

Sydney's pov:

Give me my phone Danny!

No! You don't get your phone back until you tell me what's wrong!

Fuck off man. I just want my phone.

Alexandria Sydney Worsnop, you tell me what's wrong or I'm kicking you off of the first Asking Alexandria tour. 

Ugh. Fine. It's just. I'm having problems with my boyfriend James. He has been really distant and cold lately.

Well I'll talk to that son of a bitch and see what his problem is. 

AHHH DANNY. STOP ATTACKING ME WITH HUGS!

But I love you too much. 

I sat up really quickly. Even though it wasn't a nightmare I was sweaty like it was one. I looked down and saw Ben which made me panic. I looked at my wrist and saw I was wearing a sweatshirt so he wouldn't notice. I felt him stir next to me and say "You didn't think I wouldn't notice did you?" He opened his eyes to reveal a very depressed and tired looking Ben." 

"I'm sorry." I said barley above a whisper. "Did what I say contribute to that?" He sat up and looked at me. I refused to look up at him and he sighed. "I'm so fucking sorry. I didn't know what I said would've affected you so much." He tried to look me in the eyes, but I wouldn't let him. "That's the thing, you never think about my feelings." Ben sighed, flashed a small smile, and pulled us down onto the bed. "But that's why you love me." He muttered before nuzzling himself next to me. Even though we were both angry with each other, all that mattered right then was the fact I was not alone. 

A/N

When Sydney talks about her boyfriend James, it is not James Cassells. :)

-Shelby