Chapter 63 : Flashback to 1994 | Part 1

Year 1994, Eomagwang-ro, Busan. EunHa's House.

"EunHa! EunHa, dear! If you sleep in too much, you won't be able to make it to your first period class!" I choke as soon as I stopped snoring, looking around my room with droopy eyes. I reached underneath my belly to find my alarm clock stuck and ringing nonstop. I had not noticed that it was the very last alarm I had set up, and what's more, it was the warning alarm clock that sounds off only when I only have but ten minutes to reach school before the teacher walks in.

I stood up, tripping midway through my blankets. "S-Shit! Of all days to be late! My English teacher is seriously going to kill me if I get a tardy slip from him again..!" In less than a two minutes, I was already suited up for school. I rush down, placing my hair up into a bun tidy enough for the class president to accept before I enter the room.

The moment I land, I find Chulwoo finishing up his coffee. His one arm leaned on the table while the other sipping on his coffee mug. I glare at him awfully, fixing the cuffs of my sleeve. "Well this is weird, even for you, Chulwoo."

He lowers his mug away from his face, focusing his attention to the news showing on the Television. "And you're scolding me, why?" I sip a small bowl of soup lying on the table prepared for me, pointing at the clock hanging by the wall. "As an honour student you are, I don't think you should be slacking off, especially if it's in your neighbour's house."

"Oh, shut up, EunHa. I still have six minutes to spare. As for the reason why I'm here, it's because my Mom sent me an errand to deliver all the clothes you sent to our laundry shop." "It finally arrived?! That's great! I've been meaning to go to a small get together of 'Seo Taiji and boys' fans this weekend! Thanks, Chulwoo. Seems you have some good news for once in your life." I snort out.

He rolls his eyes, placing down the mug on the table. "And you think you can go with what happened last time? May I remind you that you almost got in the wrong bus filled with tourists. And if it weren't for me visiting a local medicine store near your event place, you would have been swept away far off to Incheon."

I puff both my cheeks in embarrassment, choking on my soup. "T-That was just one mistake! B-Besides, I'm planning on bringing Yebin with me to meet up with my online friends! I'm sure she'll be happy!"

Chulwoo blurts out a chortle, placing his bag over his shoulder. "Oh, please. Be more honest with yourself. You just want to use Yebin as a way to have Jonghyun drive you both there and back home. And for the record, there's no way that Jonghyun will be allowing Yebin to go anywhere with you, let alone on a weekend."

I sigh, placing a hand on top of Chulwoo's free shoulder as I use him as a support to wear my shoes. "Well, it's worth a try, right? Trying never really hurt anyone." "And this is the reason why you're always getting yourself into heaps of trouble. No wonder you earned the name of EunHa the troublemaker at school."

I pinch his shoulder of his that I was clung onto, pushing him forward as I straighten myself up. "I'm this close to killing you, Chulwoo! I swear to God!"

My name is EunHa Jong. I have turned eighteen last month and now I'm off to create memories for my last year as a High school student. The person I was speaking with was Chulwoo Kim, he is my childhood friend since I was in diapers. He's in his first year in College, and yes, he's older by two years.

The reason why Chulwoo and I got to even know each other was because of Chulwoo's Mother who moved into the neighbourhood. Forcing me to, rather, Chulwoo to play with me during my baby age. Mom used to say that we were both like fire and ice, a total opposite to one another. That would explain the story that Chulwoo's Mom used to speak that whenever Chulwoo got near me, I would always hit him with the rattle I used to favour.