Chapter 41 : An Evidence?

Market Place. Late Afternoon. Eun Hee's POV.

I watch Kai as he accepts a plastic full of radish and turnips from a kind old lady who happened to recognized a well-known model. I continue to follow behind him as almost all the sales lady ranging from young adult to aging women greet him with a smile and the usual favour of a selca with him. Finally, after going through so many obstructions, we now rest in a ramen shop hidden inside an alleyway.

I stare at Kai who didn't at least once make eye contact with me, after he ordered a steaming hot beef stew and Kimchi rice, he ordered the waiter to leave us alone till the food was ready to be served. I tighten the clench of my skirt as I finally break the ice between the two of us. "Can you please explain why you brought me here?"

He meets my gaze, stiffening my facial expression for a brief second. "You look very different from the last time I saw you." I proceed to glower at him, raising my defence if needed to. "I-I doubt that's the thing you want to say to me.."

Kai gently lowers the chopsticks down the plate. "I doubt you'd even heed my words if I tell you." I pull my head back to his sudden words. I gulp down my nervousness, "And why is that?" He makes one long pause, extending the tension in the air. "I want you.. to resign from being Chanyeol's Platinum."

My heart drops down to my stomach, unable to fill his unexpected words into my head. My head starts heating up of fury, sadness and disappointment. "H-How can.. How can you say that!" I yell at his face, not minding the few people around the vicinity. He smoothens back his front hair, showing great difficulty written on his face. "I knew you were going to say that.." He muttered.

"If you already knew my answer to that question of yours, then why did you have to say something like that!" I retort. "Because that's the only way I know how to fix everything right now! Look, I'm doing this so you won't get hurt!" "How can I be hurt when you're the reason why I'm hurting right now!"

Kai's eyes flicker of realization, mouth gapped open for a speechless expression. I felt a tear stream down my cheek, wiping it away as I stray my eyes away from his. "Eun Hee.. I--" "You know what, I think the reason you want me to resign is not because of my security, but because you want to regain your title as the Platinum leader."

I let out a small sarcastic laugh,"..And here I thought you're ready to reconcile with me. I guess I've been dreaming too high ever since we were children, huh. But I'm sure you wouldn't remember any of our memories together. Like you said, I am just an eyesore to you."

I noisily drag my chair back, storming out the ramen shop without turning back to face Kai's uncertain expression.

Ramen Shop. Kai's POV.

My order came right after she dashed out the shop, leaving me in this pathetic state. I handle my chopsticks, trying to avoid thinking of the things she stated just now by eating the platter in front of me. I took one big bite of my rice, chewing but was incapable of swallowing as if a bite was enough for me explode.

I ruffle my hair into a mess, covering my eyes with a hand as I recall the things Luhan had told me after the dean had walked away from me.

...

Flashback. An hour ago.

A hand lands on my right shoulder, making me turn in place to find Luhan and Kris' solemn look. I examine Kris' face which seems to say a lot compared to his straight look than usual. I shift my eyes to Luhan, "So you told him, huh.." Luhan makes a small nod, "I only told him since Suho is still in the middle of breaking down. I asked Sehun to comfort him for the mean time."