Chapter 42

Emily's PoV

Ali woke me up in the middle of the night, saying that Hayley have a very high body temperature.
This isn't the first midnight hospital run for Hayley, but it still scary as hell.

We got in the car, i drive and Ali sit on the back holding Hayley close to her chest.

"Mommy, i feel so warm. I don't like it." My baby whines and i know she's going to cry in no time.

"I know baby, i know. I'm so sorry. But we're gonna make you feel better okay." Ali kiss Hayley's head who is now already crying.

"Oh baby, don't cry okay. You're gonna be okay. I promise." I said to her and look from the rear mirror so i can see her now red cute face.

"I want mama." She reached out for me and i feel so bad because i can't hold her now.

"Mama is driving baby. You stay with mommy for a little bit more and then i'm gonna hold you for as long as you want to okay. I love you shorty." I reach my right hand to rubs her little feet.

She keeps crying and crying in Alison's chest.

As soon as we got to the hospital, she immediately clings to me and i hold her close to my chest as her little head resting weakly on my shoulder.

We go to the emergency room and the doctor come immediately to check on her.

She won't let go of my hand and Alison's too.

"Mommy i want to go home." She cries to Ali as the doctor put stethoscope on her chest.

"Of course sweetie, but we have to stay here for a little bit to get you feel better, and then we'll go home soon." Ali kiss her head again while running her free hand on her brown hair.

"Hey, look at me baby. It's okay. The doctor is just playing with you. You know like when you play with mommy with your stethoscope and you check on mommy's heart. It's okay princess." I tried to talk to her so she'll calm down.

"You do doctor?" She asked our doctor, her name is Lucy from what i read on her name tag.

"Of course." The doctor look at Alison to ask Hayley's name. And then Ali mouthed "Hayley" to the doctor.
"Of course Hayley. I'm just playing with you right now. There's nothing to be afraid of okay. Your mommies are here too right?" The doctor said softly.

She nods with her still teary eyes, and we got her to calmed down.

"Goodgirl." Ali kiss her cheek again. "I love you baby."

"I love you too mommy." And then she turn around to me. "I love you too mama." I smiles at her and of course i give her a kiss on her cheek.

"And mama love you more baby."

--

The doctor is done examining her and she told us that Hayley is having chickenpox. My poor baby.

The doctor said the rashes are coming very soon, and we have to keep her indoor and no bath time for her until her rashes are gone. And those are the only things that's hard for telling her not to do. She loves her bath time and she loves outdoor more than anything.

Hayley is now asleep in my arms as we get her to the car to get home.
We wrapped her with my jacket since it's big and very thick so we can cover all of her body with it.

"Babe, aren't you cold?" Ali asked as she pulls me closer to her, trying to give me her body warmth.

"It's okay. You know i don't get cold easily. Don't worry okay." I kiss the top of her head.