Chapter 6

I sighed and leaned on the marble countertop. Dinner was a disaster. Kam was supposed to be in his cage, but appearantly Leo "invited" him to dinner, so he was in the kitchen for the preparation of dinner. That was fine, but while he was in the kitchen, he caused me to spill a whole pot of spaghetti! After Steven yelled at him, he put him back in a cage and Leo's been in his room the whole night.

I sat at the table with my head down.7:35 pm. What could I cook? There was a knock on the door. I got up and slipped on the spaghetti noodles and sauce. "Ow!" I said before I screamed. I got up slowly and opened the door covered in spaghetti sauce. I smiled. "Hi Gray. What's up?" He shrugged. "I have some.... What happened to your hair? And your clothes?!" He asked. "It's a long story" I laughed. "-But it was an attempted dinner" Steven walked down the stairs. "Why is he here?" He asked angrily. "Uh he's here because.." "-I'm helping make the dinner. Yeah, Jazz said she was making spaghetti and I thought ' Hey I should help because I know how to make spaghetti'" Gray said awkwardly. Steven didn't look fooled. He was dumb, yet we gave our explanation like he was. My phone buzzed. Hey, I know it's late notice, but tmr will you come with me to pick out dresses for the wedding?! - Lilly💓 I smiled. "Of coursewhat time?" "9:30 am!! I looked at Gray. "Ready to make dinner?!" He nodded and walked to the sink to wash his hands. Steven pulled me over to him. "Don't try anything." I nodded. "I won't." He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I'll be back, I'm going over to Cameron's house" Cameron that sounds awfully familiar I gasped. "Cameron from computer club?!" He nodded. "Tell him I said 'hi'!" He nodded. "Will do!" And walked out. "Ready to make food?" I smiled.
*********
Leo, Gray, Kam, and I all had an awesome time making spaghetti. We laughed and sang show tunes. Steven came back in at 10:00. Gray was gone and Leo was asleep. "Where were you?!" I almost yelled. He was gone for two hours. "Out!" He yelled. I flinched. "Out where?" I asked. He walked up on me and I was trapped by the counter. "Talking to people who understand my pains in life" I smelled his breath. "Were you drinking?!" I asked. "It resolves my problems" he slurred. "No it doesn't. I should know. Drinking did nothing but hurt me" I looked down. I lost my baby to drinking and as crazy as its sounds, I didn't want to loose Steven. "How should you know about my problems? I have a problems bigger then the world!" I sighed and walked to put the food up. "I know you do, all I'm saying is don't let drinking get in the way of your affairs" I closed the fridge. He sat in a chair. "Why should I listen to you? You probably fucked that Brown guy while I was...gone" I stared at him. Did he really think I'd do that? I was his fiancée and I am a loyal girl. "His name is Gray, and fine don't listen to me. I don't care, I'm just trying to help you out and you can't respect that so we'll drop it" I cried. "-Steven I don't want you to get hurt. Drinking caused me to lose a lot of things that were important to me. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't drink as much as you're doing" I walked out of the kitchen and closed the door softly. A few minutes later , Steven came in. He sat next to me and wiped my tears away. "Don't cry babe. I'm sorry for the way I acted in the kitchen. Are you ok?" I shook my head. I couldn't be ok. Not when I knew he could be out drinking. Not when I knew he could drink, drive, and then die. Not when I knew that he didn't find anything wrong with drinking, which it's not, but I know how stressful running businesses can be, so it probably wasn't the first time that he came home late and drunk. "Steven I will never be ok with you going out, drinking, and then driving home. Do you know how bad that is? I was worried sick about you! Don't ever do that again!" I said. He took me into a hug. "I won't I promise. I love you" I hugged him back, closed my eyes, and smiled. "I love you too!"