Chapter 23

Three Months Later
"Steven, hurry up or we're going to be late!" I yelled upstairs for him. Today Steven and I were going to find out the sex of my baby. I was dressed is a black Gucci shirt, true religion jeans, and red bottom heels. I was actually surprised that I could still walk in heels being two months pregnant. "I'm coming!" He yelled back at me. We were always on time to his events but never on time to mine. I looked at my rose gold Micheal Kors watch. 10:02am. "Steven the appointment is for 10:30! You know there's going to be traffic!" As I was finishing my sentence he walked down the stairs dressed in a Tommy Hilfiger sweater, Black Levi's jeans, and white Air Force ones. He kissed me passionately, causing me to smile and moan softly. "I love you, babies" he rubbed my belly. I smiled at him, showing nothing but teeth. "We love you too! Now let's go! We're late" he held the door to the matte red Bentley open for me, and I buckled up. He sped down the highway, and fifteen minutes later, we arrived at St. James hospital. I was honestly super nervous about finding out the sex of the baby, but I was also very excited. Steven wanted a girl, but I was hoping for a boy. Steven signed us in, and three minutes later, my name was called. "Good morning you two" my doctor, Dr. Patterson, smiled. I returned the smile and Steven nodded his head. "Are you two ready to find out the sex?" We both nodded, as she rubbed the cold gel on my belly and moved the wand over it. My heart was going 1000 miles per hour looking at the screen seeing my baby. Wow! My baby! My ears began to tear up. "Oh my gosh" I cried happily. "-I'm in love with this baby" Steven took my hand and kissed it. "Oh my!" Dr. Patterson exclaimed scaring the mess out of me. "What?! What is it? Is my baby okay?!" I asked beginning to cry real tears. "Yes, yes of course! But there's not just one baby in here!" She smiled. My eyes widened as I looked at a shocked Steven. "Congratulations, Steven and Sasha! You're having twin boys!"
Jazz's POV
Steven had been gone all morning and I had no idea where he was. I moved around the kitchen cooking all my favorite foods: French toast, bacon, and scrambled eggs. I made enough for me and Steven in case he was hungry. I made my plate and sat at the round table alone. In the past two months Steven had been at the house once a week; every Saturday when I cooked breakfast. Every day besides that, I'm sure he was with Sasha even though he told me he had business to take care of. I did get a little lonely especially since Tony took a job in Los Angeles last month. He took his daughter with him and accepted a job as a movie set security guard. I didn't want him to leave but I couldn't let him pass up an opportunity that big. Not for me.
Flashback
"Jazz I have to tell you something". I looked at Tony who held a serious expression on his face. My heart began to beat a thousand miles a minute. I sat up on the couch and muted the television. "What is it?". He sighed and ran his hand over his face. "I've been offered a job as a security guard for movie sets... Paramount Studios". I smiled and hugged and kissed his lips. "Tony! Thats amazing! I'm so proud of you!" I giggled. He smiled slightly. There was more, and I knew it couldn't be good. "The job is in California". I felt my heart break, literally. Tony and I had been so close the past month and not just because we were having sex, but because we connected on a different level. He was easy to talk to and he had never judged me for my past. "Oh" was all I could say. I stared at the tv watching the characters talk about whatever they were talking about. "Jazz please say something" he grabbed my hands. I forced myself to look at him. It hurt, and I'm not going to pretend that it didn't. I began to cry. "You have to take it Tony. This is a great opportunity! I'm proud of you.... you can't stay here. You can't". I couldn't believe I was saying that. I was going to miss him so much, but he deserved it, and he deserved to be happy, even if that meant I had to lose him. "Are you sure? I mean you know we won't see each other as much, and we were in a hood place-" I cut him off. "We can't be together and you know that. Steven-" this time he cut me off. "Jazz, Steven doesn't love you! I do! Come with me!" I stared into his brown, beautiful eyes. I'd miss staring into them so much. "He'll find me and he may kill me if I leave... he could even hurt you Tony! I don't want that... this life is not what you should be apart of. You have to take this job Tony". He held his head down and nodded. "I guess you're right". He embraced me in a hug and kissed my forehead while I silently cried in his chest.