22

Today, Jason and I officially arrived home and at the moment, I'm watching him while he slept, cuddled up to Audrey and Tyler.

"Goodnight," I smile before lying down and cuddling myself into all three of them. Kyler and Noah fell asleep earlier and Jason carried them to their rooms.

Tomorrow morning, Jason and I have an appointment with Dr. Palmer to see what's going on. I guess we'll find out.

Fingers crossed.

::
"Okay, I have the results right here," Dr. Palmer held a folder up, "but I need to talk to you about the serious consequences of this result."

I gulp down my fear and nod as Jason grabs my hand in his.

"Emily, you are pregnant-but-" there it is. But...,"you were shot in the stomach. Yes, your surgery went amazing and we removed the bullet but that doesn't dismiss the fact that a lot of organs and muscles were destroyed. You're placenta might not grow right, you're baby could have a disability, you could give birth to it...and it not even be living. You have to prepare yourself for all of these possibilities. Do you understand that?"

I nod as tears fell down my face. Jason's shaky voice spoke up, "I tried telling her this."

"I'm sorry..." I sighed, "but I will do anything to have this baby."

"I know," he looked at me with a toothless smile, "I know baby and I'm gonna help every step of the way."

"I know," I softly smile at him and wait for Dr. Palmer to exit so I could put my cloths back on. We received our medical papers and made our way home.

::
"We're home!" Emily yelled as we walked through my moms front door. I need to do something about our living situation quickly. It's not fair for all of my kids, Emily and I, plus my mom to crammed in a three bedroom house.

"What did the doctor say mommy??!!" The kids came running down the stairs.

"What do you think?" She smiled real big and pulled all four of them into a hug.

"Are you having a baby?! Mommy is it a girl so I can have someone to play with?!" Audrey was jumping up and down she was so excited.

"I'm having a baby but I don't know if it's a girl or not."

"At least I won't be the baby in the family," she giggles which makes me smile.

"What if I like you being the baby," I pick her up and spin her around before carrying her to the living room and sitting down on the couch with her in my lap.

"Daddy!" She laughs, "I have to grow!"

"I know baby," I laugh and kiss her cheek repeatedly, "I love you so, so, so much."

"I love you too, daddy," she wraps her arms around my neck.

I put on Disney Channel for her and go to find my beautiful wife. I found her very easily. She was in the kitchen, preparing for dinner.

"What are you making?"

"Actually...I was hoping that maybe you could grill some steaks and I could make some sides like Mac'n'Cheese and roasted potatoes?"

"That sounds awesome baby," I smile and wrap my arms around her waist and watch as she starts to cut the potatoes.

Soon, dinner was done and we had all eaten. Tyler fell asleep right after and I put him in his room before I cuddled up to the rest of my family in the living room.

My mom had went to sleep before dinner because she wasn't hungry so all that was left was Emily, Kyler, Noah, Audrey, and I.

I put Alvin and The Chipmunks in for us to watch. That night....we all fell asleep cuddled up as a family.

::

Jason and Emily Epilogue;

We were never able to have our fifth kid. We tried, and failed. Then we tried, and failed. The same process happened about four times before all of the miscarriages just became too much to deal with.

It wasn't fair for us, but we soon realized that we are grateful to have four amazing and healthy kids.

Our kids grew up and gave us what we always wanted....a family. They married and had kids (which you'll see in their epilogues.) We are so very proud of them.

We finally moved out of Jason's moms house and got back up on our feet. We stood up stronger and got an even better house than the last, costing us almost 160,000 dollars.

Jason got a job with his mom at the bank up town and I went to nursing school. We were able to give our kids a lot of what they wanted, which made us happy.

Now on to our kids stories..
|
|
|
|
The End...but not really. There's four more chapters after this but they're different! I'll update the first one soon and it'll give you a look of what they're like.