twenty six

This is a weird unplanned chapter.

CALUM

*weeks later*

Della tapped her pen on her notebook.

She was hurting and she was trying very hard to keep it inside her. There were five minutes of English left and her leg was shaking in anticipation.

I don't know why she didn't go home. I would have happily stayed with her and let her cry in my arms while I thought of beating the shit out of Michael.

Michael would never cheat, I know him from the inside out. He's a good guy. But he let this happen and he hasn't done anything to redeem himself.

Maybe everyone was overreacting but we knew Della was still fragile from finding out about her parents and from everything that's happened.

One kiss, that's all it was. But it was enough.

Priscilla Ryder was a bitch. Typical school slut who gets who and what she wants. She carelessly put a dent in Della and Michael's relationship.

The bell rang and Della got up so fast, she nearly knocked her desk over. She basically ran out of the classroom.

Michael audibly sighed from his seat next to me. I rolled my eyes and headed for the gym.

~

"Listen up everyone! We're gonna head outside and play a game of football. Kate don't look at me like that or I'll give you a zero for the day."

Coach Langdon asked me to grab the bag of footballs and we headed out to the field.

"Calum and Ashton, pick your teams."

"Ash, take Michael. I need a reason to kick his ass." I whispered as Ash picked Londie and she skipped over.

I called Della and Luke over and Ash called Michael. After we had our teams, we spread out around the field. I stood in front of Ashton and he gave me a very distinct look that said 'go easy on Michael'.

The ball dropped and the whistle blew and I easily snagged the ball from Ashton and headed down the field.

"Luke!" I yelled and passed the ball to him.

Luke, despite being a hockey player, had fast reflexes and caught the ball. He barely made it a few feet before a green haired Michael stole the ball and turned everyone around.

He was dodging my teammates and successfully passed the ball to Londie who passed it to Ashton who passed it back.

About half way through the game, my team had scored four points, while Ash's team had three.

Some kid on my team named Tyler had the ball and he passed it to Josh. Josh kicked it into the others teams turf and was heading towards the goal when Michael swooped in and stole the ball for the second time.

He was coming straight for our goal.

What happened next, no one saw coming, not even Coach Langdon, who was watching everyone.

Della came out of nowhere and stole the ball from Michael, elbowing and knocking him down in the process. You'd have thought she was possessed by the way she tore down the field with the pissed off look on her face.

The boys, Londie and I all stopped in our tracks to watch Della score another point for our team.

I started cheering and jumping. Luke did too, albeit hesitantly with the rest of the team.

I stopped when I noticed Della walking over to Michael, who sat on the ground, shock written all over his face.

~

DELLA

The field was dead quiet as I offered my hand to Michael.

He just stared at me, blinking in confusion. I rolled my eyes. That caused him to snap out of it and grab my hand. I helped him up and took a step back.

"That's what you get for letting that prissy bitch kiss you."

I didn't wait for a reply as I started walking away.

"Hood, detention after school!" I heard Coach Langdon call after me and I threw him a thumbs up to let him know I heard him before leaving the field and going to the locker room.

When I got there, I sat on the bench and waited for class to be over.

It was when Londie came in that I stood up. She gave me a hug and told me I kicked ass out on the field. I chuckled and then we changed out of our gym uniforms.

The last bell rang, signaling the end of the day and Londie walked me to the detention room, where I was to be detained.

I signed in at the door and found myself a comfortable little spot in the back corner by a window.

A couple other kids trudged in and plopped themselves into random desks. I hadn't really expected anyone else to show up.

What I wasn't expecting was for Michael to walk in a sit himself down in front of me. He didn't say anything, just sat there like he was alone.

Mr. Gibson walked into the room and told us the rules of detention, the obvious stuff. Then he excused himself to go get a cup of coffee.

The minute Mr. Gibson was out of earshot, Michael turned around and looked at me with an apologetic look on his face.

His stupidly beautiful face.

So as not to disturb the other detention prisoners, he whispered quietly to me.

"Della, I know you hate me right now. You have every right to. I could have prevented Priscilla from kissing me, or at least tried to stop her. I'm an idiot though. But I'm an idiot that loves you and would never do anything to hurt you. You have to know that. If you need time, fine. But can you forgive me?"

"Shut up Clifford."

The look on Michael's face went for apologetic and honest to utterly confused, which was actually still pretty honest. I chuckled silently.

"I mean, if you keep talking, you're gonna make me cry with your stupid lovely words and you'll also get in trouble if Gibson comes back. I forgive you but just shut up."

Michael's face lit up like a damn Christmas tree and he smiled so big, I was afraid his cheeks would split and he'd become The Joker. He'd be a pretty hot Joker though, just saying.

"Okay, I'll shut up...if I get a kiss." He whispered with a smirk.

I grinned and I couldn't help it, so I rolled my eyes at him. Then I leaned forward and gave him a short but sweet kiss.

"Just wait until tonight, princess." He said in a low voice as we pulled away from each other.

I giggled thinking about what Michael was gonna do but quickly stopped when Mr. Gibson walked back in with his coffee.

Lemme tell you, it was a long detention.

~

Hell yaaaaaas.

Please vote and comment? Cookies will be presented in return for your kind service. 😊

-Cristina