twenty eight

DELLA

"Baaaabe, I'm bored."

I sighed and looked at Michael who was laying on the grass in front of me, arms behind his head.

"Let's do something then." I replied and returned to reading on my phone and swinging gently. Michael got up and walked towards me.

We were in his backyard, where his very old swingset sat.

He leaned down and took hold of the chains of the swing.

"What are you doing?" I asked, staring into his green blizzard yes.

"Something" He said and kissed me. I pulled away and giggled. "I didn't mean that sort of something Mikey." He chuckled. "Yeah I know."

Just then my phone rang. I answered it and pushed Michael's face away as he kept trying to kiss me. "Hello?"

"Adella? Hellooo, it's meee. I was wondering if you'd like to come to Jack's house. I'm a little tipsy. Is Michelle with you?" Said Londie in a pitched voice. I facepalmed.

"Londie, it's like four in the afternoon. Have you been day drinking?"

"HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIIIDE!" Ashton's distance voice sang. I sighed but smiled. "I'll take that as a yes. We'll be there soon."

"Hurrrry." And then the line went dead.

I turned to Michael who had given up trying to kiss me and sat on the other swing. "I guess we're going to Jack's house."

Michael grinned and got up from the swing. He took my hand and dragged me to his car.

Less than ten minutes later, we were parking in Jack's driveway. As we got out of the car, the front door of the Barakat residence opened and a half naked Luke popped out and waved us inside.

*2 hours later*

"Della, I have an idea! We should go camping!" Michael said over the loud music. I giggled and agreed, taking another sip of my beer.

We were cuddled up on an armchair, drinking beers. I'd lost count of how many shots I had. All I knew was how fuzzy my brain felt and how much I loved Michael.

"Mikey, I have an idea.." I whispered in his ear. Then I got up and grabbed his hand. He followed and I lead him to Jack's backyard. A place I remember all too well.

"Do you remember?" I asked as I leaned against the patio table and bit my lip.

Michael nodded, his eyes trailing up and down my body, even though I was just wearing leggings and one of his sweaters.

"My eyes are up here Michael." I said, smirking and then rolling my eyes.

"Don't roll those pretty eyes at me angel." Michael said in a low voice as he walked towards me. In a second, his hands were on my hips and his lips were on mine and Halloween came flooding back to me.

When Michael pulled back, I stared up at him. "I love you."

Michael smiled, his grin lopsided and drunk but still beautiful. "And I love you." He said an nuzzled his face in my neck. Then he picked me up bridal style and sat down on one of the patio chairs.

I curled up and laid my head on his shoulder.

Drunk as I was, everything still felt right in the world and I was grateful as my amazing boyfriend drew shapes on my thigh.

We sat there for who knows how long, just watching the sunset. Our beers forgotten and stuck in our own world.

That is, until....

"I can't feel my face when I'm with you." Michael sang terribly and giggled when I shushed him loudly.

"Shut up Mikey, you're drunk."

-

I don't know what I'm doing with this story anymore. But I still like it. :) ✌

-Cristina