Epilogue

After we announced to everyone about our engagement and adoption with Nova, preparations were underway. Dianna couldn't stop talking about how excited she was to organise a wedding and to have a grandchild, even if Nova wasn't her blood. Sometimes a bond is thicker than blood, she said.

The ceremony was beautiful, and we were surrounded by all of our family. It was a small wedding, just immediate relatives and a couple of friends from my old life. I'll never forget the look in Wilmer's eyes as he saw me walk down the aisle. I wore my mom's wedding dress and it fit me perfectly, like it was meant to be. Nova was the flower girl, as well as Maddie, and Dallas was my maid of honor. It's a day I'll never forget, and we're still going strong.

Nova and I both went back to school a couple of months after the wedding. It was a weird adjustment for me; having to be in the same class as my daughter. I felt embarrassed, but I also couldn't help the circumstances. I was on my own from the age of twelve - just like Nova - and I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to go back to school. I wasn't going to turn that down. It actually made the bond between myself and Nova even stronger. Wilmer would help us with our homework if we were stuck, and then I'd laugh to myself at how ridiculous the entire setup was, but I eventually passed all of my classes. It wasn't easy to catch up on years of work, but I'm actually smarter than I thought and was able to learn quickly. Nova is at a bit of a slower pace, but she's also still young and is on track for her age group. She's now in highschool, crazy right?!

Nova is nearly sixteen, and it's pretty hard to believe. She's grown into such a beautiful young woman, wise beyond her years. She even told me that when she's older she wants to study psychology to help women who fall victim to things like abuse. rape, human trafficking, prostitution. She wants to put an end to it, and I support her one hundred percent.

I'm three years clean and getting back into writing music. Wilmer actually knows a guy who works in the music industry and has offered to give me a record deal. They've partnered up before thanks to Wilmer's new business, Wilmer Valderrama Enterprises. It's crazy, I never thought that my music could speak to people, let alone a music label. I've been doing a couple of small gigs around LA to build up a fanbase, and so far the response has been overwhelming. Lovatics, they call themselves. I'm not totally sure why but it brings a smile to my face.

It's really hard to believe that I've somehow managed to get my happily ever after, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Just me, my wonderful husband and daughter, and a surprise on the way. And guess what? It's a girl.