Chapter 24

Mariah P.O.V.

I woke up confused as hell. I had forgotten where I was for a while. I saw Travis standing by the door looking surprised.

"Why you looking like that?" I asked.

"Just thought you would still be asleep, that's all." He looked nervous and very suspicious. I wondered why.

"I don't even remember falling asleep." I said, rubbing my head. I suddenly had a huge headache.

"You were really tired."

"I guess so huh."

He laid next to me and started kissing on me. I had to push him away because I really wasn't in the mood for that. I suddenly felt bad because he looked hurt.

"I'm sorry Travis, I just don't feel good."

"Maybe you should just go home."

"Why?"

"Because I know your mom is worried about you. You need to go talk to her."

I rolled my eyes. "But I want to stay here with you."

"I know but you can't stay over night. You have to go home and face your problems. You shouldn't run away from them."

I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted. I knew Travis was right but I just didn't want to admit it.

"Everything will be alright." He said softly. "I promise."

I got up and said, "Alright, just bring me home."

On the drive back home I couldn't help but feel sick. My body was aching, I felt dizzy, and my muscles felt weak. I wasn't sure what was wrong with me.

When he arrived at my house I went inside. I wasn't even in the mood to argue with my mother.

My mom ran up to me and hugged me tightly. "I'm so glad you're here."

I rolled my eyes. "Can't say I feel the same way about you."

She sighed. "Just get your ass in the living room. We need to talk."

I made my way into the living room. Rita was there. She looked very uncomfortable when she saw me.

I sat down in the couch across from her and looked to the ground. My mom sat next to Rita.

"Mariah please look at us."

I looked up.

"I know I haven't been a great mother and I messed up a whole bunch of times and I'm sorry for that. But my relationship with Rita is something I'm not willing to apologize for. I'm sorry you had to find out about us the way that you did but you need to accept it. Our relationship changes nothing. I'm still your mother no matter what."

"I get that but you could've had the decency to tell Amy and I about your new relationship. Going behind our backs was probably the worst move."

"I know but you just don't understand how hard it is to come out and tell you and Amy that I'm bisexual. I was afraid of what your reaction would be so I kept it a secret. I didn't want you or anyone to judge me."

I sighed. "So why would you bring all those rich guys over if you were with Rita?"

"I just kept bringing guys over because I didn't want you and Amy to suspect I liked anything different and plus I was hoping to get some money from them." She said, chuckling.

I sighed. "I just can't believe I never knew all this time."

"Well now that you do know, I hope you're more willing to accept our relationship because you'll be seeing Rita a lot more now."