Chapter 10

Nikki P.O.V.

I went to go pick up Mariah as usual and was in a state of shock when I seen her come out the house. She had a plain white tee on and some true religion jeans and some jordans. Where did she get the money to buy those? I wondered.

Her hair was flat ironed and she was caked up in makeup. She looked beautiful, no doubt but it looked like she was trying really hard to get rid of the old Mariah.

She got into the car and her perfume filled my nostrils.

"Hey Nik."

"Hey stranger."

She chuckled. "Why you call me that?"
"You seem different."

"How?"

"Where you get the money to buy the pants and shoes?" I said getting straight to the point.

"Don't worry about it."

Why was Mariah keeping secrets from me? She really was becoming a stranger. The girl beside me wasn't the Mariah I knew. She was someone different.

"Why can't you tell me?"

"Because you're going to get mad and start acting all weird."

"Ahh..so pretty boy got it for you, huh?"

She rolled her eyes. "Don't call him that. He has a name, its Travis." She snapped.

"So pretty boy did get it for you."

"Ok and?"

I wasn't feeling Mariah's attitude at all. She was getting all defensive over nothing.

I sighed and drove to school. Something about Travis didn't sit right with me. I didn't know what it was, but something just wasn't sitting right with me.

When we arrived at school Mariah apologized for getting smart with me. I told her it was ok and tried to pretend nothing bothered me. When we walked through the front doors we seen Travis standing there with roses in his hand, he was also holding a sign that said will you be my girlfriend? While looking straight at Mariah.

Mariah P.O.V.

I was so shocked. I really wasn't expecting that. Travis and I had just began to get to know each other, I wasn't sure if I was ready to get in a relationship with him just yet.

Everyone was crowding around smiling and snickering, just waiting for me to say something. Travis seemed like a really good guy and I wouldn't mind being his girlfriend. I ran up to Travis and hugged him tightly and said "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

He smiled. The crowd went crazy when he pecked me on the lips. I was overwhelmed with joy. Nobody has ever done anything so sweet for me before. All this was so taboo to me. I wasn't use to people doing things like this for me.

He gave me the roses and I thanked him. He kissed me on the cheek and told me he had to go to work and he'll see me later. I waved goodbye to him and went to class, happy as ever. I had totally forgot about Nikki's presence when I seen Travis. I went to go look for her when Travis left but she was nowhere to be found. I decided to just text her.

Me: Hey :)

Nikki: Hi :/

Me: Where'd you go? You were MIA.

Nikki: Just didn't want to be late to class, that's all.

Nikki never cared about being late for class so why did she suddenly today?