Chapter 23

Mariah P.O.V.

I hadn't talked to Nikki and Maci since the day they both told me some bs. I really didn't want to be around their negativity or hear what they had to say for that matter. I loved Travis with all my heart and there was nothing either one of them could say to make me stop loving him. He was the first person in my life to make me feel loved and special. I mean, Nikki did that too but she couldn't love me the way I wanted to be loved.

I never had a father figure in my life and my mother wasn't a very loving person. So having a loving male figure in my life for the first time is something I was not willing to give up.

Boys never even looked in my direction. Getting attention from the opposite sex was something rare for me so when someone as good looking as Travis tried to get with me, I couldn't help but feel like it was all a joke. I was so insecure and I felt like I was not good enough for anyone to want me. But Travis proved to me that he really liked and adored me.

Since then he had been the best boyfriend ever. He spoiled me with things, something that never happened before I met him. Anything I wanted I had to work hard for. I never ever got things handed to me. We were always struggling so spoiling was definitely out the picture.

I sighed and my mind wandered back to Nikki and Maci. I couldn't lie and say I didn't miss my friends. Sitting alone and far away from them at lunch was not my idea of fun but that was what I had to do.

The bell rung and I made my way to my locker. I got my bookbag and left school. I waited about five minutes before Travis picked me up. When I got in the car he looked at me in a mischievous manner. I looked at him strangely. "What?" I asked.

"You ready to sneak out today?"

I sighed, unsure of what I wanted to do.

"You are ready, right?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said, looking queasy.

He smiled. "Great. Text me when you want me to come."

"I will."

He dropped me off at my house and I went inside. I knew Amy was still at school but where was my mother? I heard noises coming from upstairs. I wrinkled my eyebrows in confusion and slowly went up the stairs. I heard moans coming from my mother's room.

I figured my mom was probably watching one of those corny romance movies. I knew my mother wasn't in a relationship with anyone so I knew she couldn't have been having sex.

But when I opened that door, I soon realized I was wrong.

My mother was naked and on top of a female, just riding the shit out of her. When she heard the door open she gasped. I didn't get a good look at the females face because my mom quickly covered the female's face with a pillow so I wouldn't be able to see who it was.

"What the hell is going on here mom?" I screamed.

She covered herself with a blanket and said, "Mariah this is not what it looks like."

I was beyond pissed and confused. "What do you mean its not what it looks like? Are you a lesbian mom?"

"I...I.." She sighed.

I stormed to the girl and quickly took the pillow off of her face. My heart stopped when you I saw the person who was beneath the pillow. "RITA?!?"

I felt like I was going to faint. My mind was racing with thoughts. I didn't know what to say so my mouth just hung open. I was just so shocked. What the hell was going on here?

I felt tears forming into my eyes. "You guys are in a relationship??"

"Mariah please sit down and let us explain." My mom tried to grab my arm but I snatched it away from her.