29

"Katniss... can we talk?" Peeta says seriously. I look up at him, and see that there is no trace of humor in his sad blue eyes. I frown at him.
"Yeah, sure."
He gestures for me to sit at our kitchen table. I do, watching him closely. I study his face, unsure of what to make of this.
"Listen, Katniss... there's just.... okay. Wow, this is really hard, but... I don't love you anymore,"
I felt my whole world collapse into a million pieces. I stay silent and listen while he speaks.
"It's just... I mean, you understand right? How could I love you? You're a mutt." [AN- Peeta is still hijacked, and he still thinks Katniss is a mutt]
That key word strikes me. Mutt. This isn't the real Peeta. This is hijacked Peeta.
"I don't want to kill you, Katniss. Well, actually, if we're going to be completely honest here, I almost did. But then I saw the little baby. She can't grow up without a mom." I see the dwindle of insanity start to come into his eyes while he talks. I have to help him... I have to stop whatever he's going to do before he kills me. Or worse.
"Katniss." And for a second I see the old Peeta. "Go. I'm not in control of myself-"
But then he gets caught off, and his eyes seem to flare with anger when he spots me.
"YOU! MUTT!" He jumps from his chair and launches himself at me, his hands grabbing for my throat. I scream and jump to the side as he tumbles over the table, crashing into a computer desk.
"YOU CAN'T LEAVE ALIVE, MUTT! I HAVE STRICT ORDERS TO KILL YOU!" And he launches at me again. I sprint up the stairs to my bedroom, where Jen lays in her bed, crying her head off.
Peeta comes into the room just before I can lift her out.
"Peeta, stop. This isn't the real you," I plead, stretching my hands toward him.
"You're wrong mutt. WRONG! THIS IS THE REAL ME!" He throws one of our pills at my head. It hits a picture frame mounted on the wall and hits me in the head, glass shattering everywhere.
The room starts to spin, and three different Peeta's come charging at me, all of them with there arms outstretched, ready to choke the life from me. I try to run, but I hit the bed and fall onto my back. Peeta advances.
"You will not hurt anyone else, you mutt," he laces venom onto each word, glaring down at me.
He lunges again, and I lift a pillow up, smacking him uselessly with it.
"Get away...please. This isn't you!" I practically cry. Jen sits in her crib, balling. I can't blame her, I would too if I saw my parents fighting like this.
I kick Peeta in the stomach in one last attempt to get him off of me. He stumbles backwards into our dresser.
I get to my feet, but he comes at my too fast. He pins me against the wall, his hands gripping my throat so tight that his knuckles have turned white. I feel the air get sucked from me, and I try desperately to get something into my lunges, but I can't.
I claw uselessly at his hands, and my vision starts to get blurry.
"Say goodbye, mutt,"
And then the whole bedroom goes black.

I know, this chapter is really short. Oh well. I'm glad I made it short though, now you guys are on one of those cliffhangers.
Ha!
Skyzone