Be careful Atlas/ Sick! Reader

"You sure your alright I mean I can't just leave you alone here love," Atlas spoke to you softly as he ran his fingers through your hair.

"Yeah I'll be okay besides you've got some of your guards here if anything happens they'll help me out," you answered him in quiet voice.

You had been feeling under the weather as of late. And knowing Atlas you knew he would be more concerned for your health then you were.

You chuckled as he kissed your hair and walked out the door.

"Take care of yourself [Name] I'll be back soon enough," the Irish man called out before leaving you alone in your room.

You sighed. There wasn't much to do in Rapture when you were sick besides sleep. You closed you eyes attempting to fall asleep.

No luck.

You tried ever sleeping position you could think of, but nothing worked. It was more frustrating then anything, but also really boring and not to mention, lonely.

You got up slowly, not wanting to become dizzy, and headed towards your Irish husband's office.

His office was further away then you remembered in the past. Probably because of not being able to feel your legs.

It felt like hours before you found his office. You just hoped there weren't any splicers around.

You crouched down, knees feeling like jelly. You peeked around the corner carefully. To your surprise you didn't see anyone. That didn't stop you from being careful though.

Every once in awhile you would pause to make sure you were alone.

You walked up the flight of stairs and ran into something. More like someone. You fell backwards, almost falling down the stairs, but you were caught.

You looked up and saw your rather worried Irish husband.

"[Name]," he whispered, voice coated in worry, "what happened love are you alright?"

He put his cool hand on your burning forehead. He sighed, "what am I going to do with you."

You gave him a sheepish smile and then a tight embrace.

He hugged back and rubbed your back soothingly.

"Are you gonna be alright love?" He asked still concerned.

You nodded still not pulling away. "As long as I'm with you."

He gave a deep chuckle. "Well," he said kissing your forehead, "I'll be with you till the day I die."