The Broken Man Booker DeWitt/ Reader

Booker was a stoic man. He was strong, almost unemotional, and always managed to keep a straight face.

You had to say the solider had stolen your heart. Of course you never believed that he could love after losing his wife, and his daughter, and to be completely honest you didn't blame him. You gave up your hopes of him loving you for those reasons.

However, even though you knew all of this you continued to take care of the broken man. He would hate to admit it, but without you he would be in trouble.

Now, you weren't submissive, not at all, but you would always help someone in need. Every opportunity you got to help someone, mainly Booker, you took it.

Booker on the other hand hated himself for making you run around for him. Almost everyday he would tell you, "[Name], you're to good to me. I don't deserve to have someone like you." Of course you would blush and say quietly, "Booker, I do what I can to help you because you are important to me."

Even though you stopped thinking he would ever be yours there was still an ounce of hope that he would fall for you.

And he did without you knowing.

Somedays he'd ask for your help even if he could to it himself. Other times he would clean himself and the place up when you would come over.

Unintentionally you were fixing the broken man.

And unintentionally did the broken man fall for you.