A New Life Elizabeth/ Reader

Love was a strong word. But something inside of you knew you loved Elizabeth.

Perhaps it was the sweet way she called your name, or the way she molded into your side when you slept next to her.

Others would consider the two of you a scandal. 'An unmarried couple sleeping together?' You didn't care what they said. Elizabeth meant the world to you.

She felt the same way. She always felt safe when you were around. Of course she felt love for you, but it was hard to identify.

She lived in a tower all by herself with nothing but a metal bird.

All these feelings were new to her.

The two of you had been on the run for months. You wanted her safe ever since you met her, and you knew she was safe in the tower.

But was she happy?  Did she get to make her own decisions?

No.

Everything was decided for her.

You gave her a choice when you snuck into her tower.

Stay here and be safe, or journey with you to live.

Of course she picked you.

She was glad she did. Although she almost lost you to a bullet. She was still happy to be with you.

You taught her how to live, how to love, and how to be happy.

She'd never say out loud, but she was glad she had the opportunity to stay in the tower.

Of course she would never stay.

But it reminded her that she had a choice, and a chance to make her own decisions.

She remembers your words. "You can stay here if you want, but you can also leave and have a new life."

You were her hope, her hero, her love.

And she was your world.