Chapter one

Eww! that zit I looked intently to a table at the far end of the restaurant where a woman dressed in a bright yellow dress was sitted, she strangely reminded me of dads current whore georgina it's so hideous and revolting.

I looked back on my plate trying not to puke, not at the zit but at his pathetic taste in women. My gaze drifted to the guy sitted across from me on our table, I had no idea what he was blabbering about can't you just shut up already.

"Dawn" he called out evenly.

"Huh!" I said quietly having caught a gleam of anger in his eyes.

"I was talking about the arrangements I made for our engagement party" he drawled "You weren't listening again, were you?" he asked in a measured tone.

"I was, I mean I am and I think everything is lovely, I just need to use the rest room" a fake smile played on my lips as I took my clutch, stood up and waltzed away.

Urgh! I let out a deep breath, what am I doing here Zewen wasn't the type of guy I'd imagine going out with let alone spending the rest of my life with, he was sweet, good looking and I bet he'd be faithful (I wouldn't have to worry about getting into cat fights) but that's just it to me he was a nice guy no sexual attraction.

I always knew he'd turn out to be one of those regular guys you know the....down to earth, intelligent, loyal and stable type but nothing too exotic that makes them stand out. I would know, our families used to be very close, but then they left for a long time and a lot happened too many things have changed. And now after all this years they want a partnership sealed by marriage.

I peered in to make sure there was no one there then quickly locked the main door, I walked towards the mirror and closely looked at my complexion, my long brown hair and wide hazel eyes both of which I got from my mom and I felt a hole curve through my chest.

I let out a sigh and pulled out a bag from beneath the sink taking out a white tee, black rugged jeans and sneakers. He had asked me to choose where I wanted us to meet up and I got here earlier than he did, I thought I could go through with it but just incase I failed I had to have a plan B. I quickly undressed and dressed then put everything back in the bag with an evil grin. I held my hair up in a bun took my bag pack and climbed out the window.

※※※※

"Hey kido, why you sneaking around like that?" a familiar voice made me jerk as I tried to manoeuvre across the hall way to the staircase.

I would know that voice anywhere I turned around and ran upto him "Lincon, I missed you" tears made my cheeks wet "When did you get here?" I was all excited like a four year old on chrismas.

"Just a few hours ago" he held me in a tight hug then pulled me away to wipe my tears with the sleeve of his shirt, he was used to doing that a lot throught out elementary school I was a typical cry baby "Your all grown up and beautiful just like mom."

"And you're as handsome as ever" I said in between sobs.

"Tell me everything that has been going on with you, school, any new boyfriend" he grinned with delight.

We spent the entire evening bonding and laughing over pretty much everything, Lincon is like a brother to me except that he was adopted before I was born. He hasn't been around for the past three years, he was juggling college and handling dads overseas business but we tried to keep intouch once in a while.

"Like there was this one time she thought Butler was going to ask her to prom, but he ended up asking Amanda her bestfriend" I let out a chuckle.

"That must have been ugly" he said then cackled. I loved it when he laughed, he made me feel like laughing was the easiest thing in life."What about you, did you go to prom?"

"Nah!" I pulled out the band that held my hair up and entwined it in my thumb.

He slid his fingers under my chin and lifted my head to meet his gaze "You know your pretty right?"

I knew it was rhetorical "I don't like boys from the academy" I admitted reluctantly.

"Don't tell me you turned lesbian" he let out jokingly.

I pushed his shoulder playfully "ofcourse not, almost every guy there gets on my nerves they are rich brats who are afraid to step out of line because mummy or daddy said so" I let out mockingly.

"It's called respect Dawn, y...

"Yeah yeah" i cut him off.

Just then the front door slammed shut, that was dads (i'm pissed off) signature.

He set down his briefcase on the leather couch at the far end of the living room and headed to where we were sitted.

"How many times do you want me to say this Dawn" he started off calmly but the anger in his voice was evident "you are going to marry lee, so put your act together and grow up."

I love all of you guys that are making an effort to read my book, thank you so much i promise to make the ride worth while.

(Just uploaded a picture of zewen lee, check him out isn't he just worth drooling over haha!! I do, like all the time.)

REMEMBER TO VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE OR SAY ANYTHING THAT CROSSES YOUR MIND lol!

Press the small star below and see the magic..... don't i just love you.

✘●✘●