CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

This chapter took me really long to write. I've had it in drafts for two weeks, I didn't think it was good enough *sighs*

But I worked on it and its one of the most enjoyable ones I've done so far :)

ENJOY

........................

Denise parked her SUV in the driveway of a red-brick house in the suburban street, the house was built all in one level and was wide but not very deep from front to back. We stepped out of the car as I carried the three boxes of pizza we bought on our way here and walked over to the porch that had a small welcome mat right below the door. For a Friday night which partying was the norm we decided to have a sleepover which Denise was totally against.

Ashley pounded on the door impatiently "Open up" she said her tone demanding.

"I'm coming" a muffled voice shouted inside the room but Ashley repeatedly knocked on the door anyway.

"Chill out" Denise said rolling her eyes just as the door swung open. There stood a girl with shoulder lenght hair which was a tad darker than Ashley's, she wore reading glasses that would easily pass her off as a geek but the piercing on the top of her left eyebrow begged to differ.

"Mum and dad?" Ashley asked as we stepped inside the house, the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting from the kitchen.

"Fuck, what smells so good" Denise said shrugging off her blaizer. She walked to an opening on the right as we all followed behind.

"They left about an hour ago" she answered Ashley's question.

"This is Dawn" Ashley said gesturing to me "And this is my sister Jess" she added as I handed her the pizza.

"Actually its step-sister" Jess said her voice matter-of-fact as we settled down on the dark-brown couch. The room was cozy with a grey fitted carpet and beige walls, photos hang up at different places.

"I don't get why you always insist on saying that" Ashley said placing the pizza boxes on the ottoman next to her. Jess shrugged in response.

"My mouth just achieved its first ever pastry orgasm" Denise said walking back into the room her mouth stuffed with cookies and a bowl with more in her hand.

"I'd rather have a more exciting type of orgasm" Jess said winking playfully as Denise settled on the recliner.

"Miss crindle" Ashley said in a soft high pitched mimicking  tone "Shut up and go get the popcorn" she added walking over to the CD rack next to their 42' inch screen.

"Enigma" Jess whispered softly "He's pure bliss... I wouldn't mind waking up to that everyday for the rest of my life" she bit on her bottom lip staring off into space.

"He's a psycho" Denise said bluntly.

"His height and cute geekish bad-boy look make up for it" Jess retorted.

"His height is well... to die for, but him a bad-boy" I said shaking my head from side to side my lips in a thin line. 

"He's afraid of his own conscience" Ashley argued

"Whatever" Jess drawled walking to the kitchen.

"Here" Ashley said studying the disc in her hand "The age of Adaline"

"Romance crap? argh! can't we watch something more realistic" Denise said with a frown.

"Nope" Ashley said playing the disc just as Jess walked in with two bowls of poporn and more cookies.