CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Her form was a flattering silhouette against the night sky, blending perfectly amongst the trees in the background. I couldn't get a clear glimpse of her, although I was perfectly aware of how Blaise went rigid at the sound of her voice.

"Why are-"

"I had to see you" She cut him off stepping out of the shadows.

Her iron-gray hair was held back revealing her slender face and pointed cheekbones. There was a helmet dangling on her left arm and a piercing on her navel that seemed to attract more attention than necessary. She was still walking towards us but stopped abruptly when her gaze landed on me.

"What's he doing here?" Blaise asked through gritted teeth and her attention was immediately ripped away from me and back to him.

"Don't let that bother you I'll be leaving, this isn't my type of scene anyway" the guy fired back with a sly grin.

"I sugget you get your lapdog a leash" Blaise said his voice dripping with venom. The other guys sly grin fell with both hands folded into fists at his side.

"We need to talk" she said trying to divert their attention away from each other.

"Okay" Blaise answered hesitantly after a moment of silence.

"Not here" She gestured towards me with a slight pop of her head.

Blaise tilted his head to the side lowering his cold and void gaze at me as if I was an intruder. I unconsciously took a step back and his glare softened mildly for a second "You should go" He said in a hushed tone before adding "Find Jake"

I walked past them without a word suppressing the urge to drag him along with me, Kayden was going to be pissed off and I dreaded what his reaction would be. I kept feeding myself this crazy idea that having Blaise there was an assurance it couldn't get worse than it already is, that somehow he'd exlpain it and keep everything under control. I wasn't really sure he would have my back in this considering how pissed off he was, but it was worth trying but now I have to deal with this on my own.

I stepped into the clearing and pushed my way through the hyped crowd, the night air was wild as if it too was enchanted by the hypnotizing music. There was a lot of positive energy and good vibe floating around but I wasn't in the mood for any of it.

"Hey there short stuff" I heard someone call out but decided not to acknowledge him. The small crowd looked like a couple of rowdies and troublemakers.

"My buddie's talking to you" a guy said suddenly standing in front of me that I almost bumped into him.

"I said hi" his tone was thick and hoarse. The music was now much softer with a calmer rhythm but the crowd was still lively, moving about and enjoying every minute.

"I heard you the first time." I said turning to face him. He was about an inch taller than me with bloodshot eyes and wasted expression that was far from attractive.

"Feisty, I like that" he said walking to where I stood. "You look just like my ex-girl heather" I fought the urge to roll my eyes the minute that basic line left his lips.

"I'm right here Sean" a girl shot from behind him. She was stroking a cat that was on her lap covered in a purple blanket matching the highlights on her hair, her cheeks were chubby and boobs full pouring out the top of her vest. No similarities at all.

"I mean she has a huge rack but you've got ass. You know what I mean?" he winked at me and I put on the most disinterested face I could master.

"I don't" I said giving him a plastered smile.