CHAPTER ELEVEN

The weekend went by swiftly but was one of the best and rare ones i've had in a long time. After heading to the mall for a spending spree which earned me some of Elsies fashionable charm and criticism for my dis-interest in trends, we went over to Victorias place. She wouldn't take it lightly if i was in town and didn't get to say 'hi' and by that i mean through long hours of drinking expensive wine over light talk. With all the travelling her job involved she wasn't one to play house and thus decided to stick to her spinsterhood. Painting has always been her first love and i could tell from the posh house and luxurious lifestyle things were working out for her, we even got to marvel at some of her work that hang graceful on her livingroom walls.

Later i got the chance to meet Elsies family they were such a lovable bunch. Her parents and two younger siblings. I finally understood why she didn't get along with her mum, she was very inquisitive and constantly on Elsies back about her whereabouts. But something about her personality warmed my heart, she was just doing her job as a mother which tempted me to cosy upto her but i decided to keep my distance.

The bell rang pulling me out of my daze indicating the lesson was over. As people scrurried out of class i remained seated scrolling through my phone, lately i've had this unshakable feeling that my perfectly not so normal life was a charade.

"Can i join you?" a familiar voice asked.

"Well, well Chrismas comes early." i said in a dry sarcastic tone tilting my head back and looked up at him

"I know your mad" Rhydin spoke with icy calm. He sat  cosily next to me in the now empty classroom.

"Is that so" i said with my tone falling halfway between sarcastic and questioning. I turned myself towards him with one leg crossed over the other. Of course he knew i had free period he did too and we'd always hangout on the gym rooftop 'our spot', that was where he confided in me about his gay status when we were merely sophomores. I wasn't really angry at him but hes been avoiding me like the plaque after what happened, i atleast needed an explaination.

"What i did wasn't cool, a complete dick move" he sniffed and i nodded in agreement. "I didn't know how to deal, the emotions were like nothing i've felt before."

Pain swirled deep in the oceanic vibrant blue of his eyes "He hurt you, that's what you felt" i said with an apologetic smile. I felt like the dick, he was torn apart and here i was acting like i had the right to an explanation.

"He said he had a reputation to maintain as campus president and people finding out he was..." his voice trailed off and he looked away "It would jeopardise everything he worked for. What we had meant nothing." his voice was flat and expressionless.

I felt my heart crumble, he didn't care that he was wearing his bruised heart on his forehead "Come here you" i pulled him into an embrace and made soothing circles on his back "You don't need him, you were just fine before him everything is going to be okay." But did i really believe those words, love changes people i've seen people i care about get torn to shreds by this imaginary creature that rips ones heart out without lifting a finger.

Knuckles sharply rapped on the door making us pull away. I rolled my eyes as soon as they landed on the person standing there, leaning against the door pole watching us with his other hand stuffed inside his pocket.

"Am i interrupting something" Mayshylars voice echoed with a hint of malevolence. Great now he has enough reason to hate Rhydin, he was always under the impression we had a clandestine relationship.

"Can we help you?" Rhydin shot up in an angry tone. I gently placed my hand on his knee, he was angry and not to mention hurt, ofcourse he was picking for a fight.