CHAPTER SIXTEEN

1.01k reads
50 votes
41 comments

Not bad....

Wait! I'm just kidding, I'm so excited thank you guys for the effort, love and support.

Special shout-out to Gitonga :)

NB: NOT EDITED (I'll do it later)

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

I hurriedly made my way along the flooded hall with my head hanging low careful not to attract any unwanted or unnecessary attention, the week was over and everyone was in the weekend mood judging by how party invitations flew across the hall with loud mumbles of how wasted they'd get. I saw Dylan standing in a large group that was louder than other small gathered ones and I ducked almost tripping as I jogged up the steps.

I had managed to avoid him all week and was determined to stay away from him. I didn't know how long I hoped this would play out in my favour but as long as he didn't find out I was in his school being low key was good enough for me. Why did I choose the wrong day to pull the IDFWU bad-ass card, right now it feels pretty pathetic. That was one of those dumb ass things you do that later come back to bit you in the ass and haunt you for eternity.

I knocked on the door to Mrs Connor's office, once...twice and turned the knob when there was no answer. I popped my head inside surveying the small room, I didn't know what I expected to find but everything was in place just as I left it a little too neat. So I took two steps foward and opted to stand at the doorway. I glimpsed at my wrist watch, it was twenty minutes past school hours why would she want to see me now.

"Good, your here" she said slamming the door shut and walking past me. She held a cardboard file box, the kind with a lid and handholds on the side. I silently started at her as she placed it on her desk and turned to face me.

"I had a look at records from your previous school, turns out you're clean of any displinary charges and labeled as of good character" she paused her eyes piercingly accusing as if she doubted the very words she uttered "Seems I'll just have to thank you for volunteering then"

"What do you mean volunteering?" I asked my voice bouncing off the walls of the small room and coming off louder than intended.

She turned and walked to the other side of the desk before settling down on her chair. "You'll lead a session of rogue delinquents. You would have joined but considering your untainted records placing you incharge seemed more appropriate"

"I'm not the right person for the job aren't there students with excellent records that would be better off handling this" I argued

"We wouldn't put any of our high achievers up to this task. Bad company corrupts good morals"

"And you wouldn't want that."

"Of course not" she said as if it was the most obvious thing and I was crazy for thinking otherwise. "Session starts in the next five minutes down at the detention hall, you'll need this" she points at the box she was carrying earlier. "I'll have someone bring in the fill in register after the one hour thirty minute session, incase you try any tricks."

I walked over to her desk and took the box, It was actually lighter than it looked. "There's a catch" her voice stopped me just as I was about to leave and I turned to face her "When its over you can get your book back" she said waving the poetry book at me.

I stepped out of the office and made my way down the flight of stairs to the hall that led to the detention room. By now almost everyone had left only one or two students could be seen loitering with their books clutched to their chests nerds I thought almost rolling my eyes at the enthusiasm they had for school.