Chapter Eight

Dedication to NROliver ♥♥♥
I don't even know where to start, you've made an impact on my book in a humongous way but mostly Thank you for making me smile ✘●

"I absolutely can't stand her" Becka said in a hateful high voice as we walked out of class for an extra hour of study period. According to the principal Mr. Kleen i quote, 'those of you who lack interest in sports should remain behind for an extra hour of study every friday, there will be dire consequences for anyone who tries to skive' unquote.

"I know right" Amanda said in agreement "She acts like the gods kiss the very ground she walks on."

"And who are we talking about now?" i prompted

Amanda rolled her eyes and gestured ahead of us uselessly "Look at her" she said her voice giving out on her insecurities.

At a slight distance stood a couple of basketball players still in their attire fresh out of practise, amongst them was the schools queen bee and cheerleading captain Zena williams. Her curly strawberry blond hair tumbled over her shoulders, sparkling blue eyes lit up as her calamine-pink lips formed into an intimidating smile. Her elegant personality and the fact that she dated their captain Derek made it easy for her to get along with the team.

"Daya wants us to meet her at the mall, she has a date with this hot model and doesn't know what to wear" Becka said calmly as we slowed down to a stop.

"The hot model from France?" Amanda asked sounding impressed "She's been having a thing for him for ages" she continued the excitment in her voice evident. I couldn't chip in no matter how bad i wanted to i knew nothing about her atleast not anymore, she made sure of that by never speaking about her personal life around me.

"Hey!" a third voice interepted their gabble "Can i steal you for a minute?" Zena asked politely ignoring Amanda and Becka, her bitchiness earned her quite the reputation. She wore a basket ball jersey that i assumed belonged to Derek, a black and pink laced rah-rah skirt paired with white sneakers.

I looked back to Amanda and Becka with an apologetic smile "You guys should go, i think i'll pass" they both smiled back before walking away. Hopefully they'd understand me and Daya together was like setting up a time bomb expecting it won't blow up.

"Remind me again why you hangout with them?" Zena asked incredulity in her voice.

"They are my friends" i answered softly as we headed towards the senior parking lot.

"I'm your friend" she said mildly and i gave her a warm smile "Mayshylar flipped when you left the cheerleading squad" she continued sounding broken ofcourse she'd care he was Dereks bestfriend.

"He seems okay to me" i said narrowing my eyes and stopped before my white bentely, i barely drove it but i loved this car, fell inlove with it the moment Lincon handed me the keys on my seventeenth birthday.

"He's breaking down" she said and drew a ragged breath "His man whore reputation just comes with him being the hottest guy in the team you should know that, girls throw themselves at him all the time it doesn't mean he actually is."

My phone chirped and a message from wolf caught my attention heading out for a while, when you get here use the back door i completely forgot we had to meet up i let out a deep breath "Can we not talk about this right now." i said my voice flat

"You never want to talk about this" she said bitterly, this was expected sometimes i wonder whose side she's on "He really likes you" she continued but her voice was soft, after giving me a warm hug she walked away.

I got in the car and pulled out of the parking area, Zena and i have been friends since junior year. I was a cheerleader but quit the team last semester after my fall out with Mayshylar, it was all fun and games but then he fell for me. I could see it in the way he gave me all his attention around other cheerleaders and the way he'd look at me whenever he scored during a championship like he wanted to impress me and i couldn't stand it, he wanted more than i could offer and that was something i couldn't give to anyone. I pulled up at the side of the road, i shouldn't be thinking about this not feeling the same way about someone doesn't make me a bad person, it shouldn't. I reached out to the back seat for my black jeans and a burgundy tank top, i always carried clothes in my car incase something came up.