CHAPTER TWELVE

Natural lighting streamed into the spacious room as I drew back the curtains, my gaze drifting around as I tried adjusting to the bright light. The walls were a delicate shade of blue which blended in perfectly with the yellow polka-dot bedspread, there was a leather love-seat and a fluffy white carpet that covered every inch of the room. Everything was vibrant and I instantly dispelled any beliefs I had about color blending.

There was a light knock on the door and Victoria peeked in "Your up already, can I come in?" She asked softly.

"Yeah sure" I answered with a light smile walking towards the bed and she followed my lead. Her hair was scrapped back into a pleat, drawing attention to the sequin peplum dress she wore with paris louboutins.

"Why didn't you tell me he was forcing you to get married?" She asked incredulously perching on the edge of the bed next to where I sat. He told her?? When he put Victoria up to this I thought he'd only mention my expulsion, not tell her bloody everything Lincon your such an ass I mentally cursed.

"I wasn't going to" I murmured as if the statement would make light of the situation.

"I promised I'd take care of you and I know I haven't been good at doing that, but I'll make up for it" she said and pulled me into a hug before adding "I talked to a friend and had you enrolled, how do you feel about public schooling?"

I tightened my embrace and nodded "Thank you" I muttered silently. I knew how much this would strain her budget, yes she was loaded and all but she wasn't used to catering for anyone or having anyone fully depend on her.

She pulled away and held both my hands in hers "I told you I'd look into it" she paused with a smile tugging on her lips "I thought it would be a good idea if you went by today, atleast get aquinted with the new environment before your classes officially start next week. I hope you don't mind, it's a Friday and you probably made pl-"

"It's okay" I cut her off "I mean it's a really good idea and I totally had nothing planned out."

She gave me a warm smile and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear "You remind me so much of her" I knew who she meant, my features were a strong reminiscent of my mother. "I have to meet a couple of clients, settle in I'll be back by noon" she said in what would pass for a normal tone of voice. She stood up straightened her dress and walked to the door quietly shutting it behind her.

I looked at my unpacked luggage contemplating on what to do first. Victoria came rushing back into the room and placed a light kiss on my cheek "I'm not really good at this mother, daughter kind of thing" she blushed scarlet at her words.

"I know" I said in an understanding tone. She brushed her thumb on my cheek before walking out again.

※※※※

In the past two hours I had managed to take a shower and re-arrange the furniture in the room. I wasn't fully adjusted to the fact that I moved into Victorias house and wanted to feel at home as much as I could, but being away from the one place I grew up in and leaving behind all the memories wasn't a piece of cake.

I stood in front of my fully stacked closet debating on what to wear. I was really nervous, Seniors don't shift schools everyone is going to be so intuned to their clique and circle of friends. I distractedly grabbed the first thing I could get my hands on which was blue ripped jeans and a sweatshirt. I quickly got dressed and ran down stairs to get a snack.

The living room came alive with colour as the natural lighting sprawled to every inch, the paintings that hung on the wall made it look like some high end gallery. A car honked in the drive way and I glanced at the fancy clock that hang on the wall above the fireplace, it was five minutes past noon. I scrumbled to the fridge took a bottle of mango juice before running out of the house... literally.