22-Continued

Allie's POV.

God this sucks.

I threw my bag into a corner of my room, not even caring if I woke up my parents.

"Good for nothing, piece of shit druggies. Almost had enough to leave." I hiss, scrubbing a hand down my face.

I have worked so fucking hard to collect enough money to get a bus ticket and have enough left over to just keep running for as long as I want.

I AM SO TIRED OF THEIR SHIT!!!

I want to scream, and fight, and just burn it all to the ground!

I won't though.

It's because you're weak. 

You'll never get out of this life.

You will never be accepted.

Your own soul mate will reject you.

Weak, pathetic, ugly, BROKEN!

The voices just kept swirling in my head, repeating everything that had ever been said to me.

I sighed and slid down my wall, I've heard it all before, it hardly affected me anymore, to be honest.

I went to get up when a wave of dizziness smashed into me.

"What the fu...."

Darkness.

Jack's POV (Inside of Allie)

What registered first was the, slightly moldy, brown carpet that my cheek was pressed against.

I blinked slowly, and did a mental rundown of my body.

Which did not seem to be mine.

"Holy shist!" I yelped and sat bolt upright, causing the room to tilt obscenely.

I grabbed at my head, which seemed full of thick curly hair, to try and steady myself.

I studied my surroundings, hoping they would give me some kind of clue as to what this girl was like.

It was sad to say the least.

I sat in a room that held a small twin mattress and a dresser. no pictures adorned the walls and it seemed that the girl had not spent all that much time in here anyways. In one corner of the room a dark blob was slouching against the wall.

I looked down at her hands and felt my heart skip a beat before picking up at a faster pace.

There were scars.

Not simple little cuts like one might get when making dinner, no these were thick and jagged.

They crissed crossed over her palm and ran up towards her wrists.

I swallowed thickly and stumbled to my feet.

As I went to head for the door it flung open hard enough to leave a dent in the wall on impact.

A man stood in the doorframe, using it to support himself it seemed, and sneered down at me.

"Where' s the rest of the money you little slut?" He growled, stumbling towards me, reaching for my arm.

I jerked away instinctively and stuck out my foot.

he tripped and face planted into the carpet, which resulted in a very satisfying crunch which I assumed had come from his nose.

My suspicions were confirmed when he pushed himself up and blood gushed from his nose to make a bright little puddle of scarlet on the rug.

"You little WHORE! I'm gonna skin you for that!" He lurched to his feet and made a grab for me.

I ducked and dashed out the door, frantically searching for any way out.

I sprinted to the first door I saw and yanked it open.

Stairs, must've been an apartment then.

I heard the man cursing and bellowing threats behind me so I slammed the door and headed down the stairs, only to get yanked into a side alcove, a large hand wrapped firmly across my mouth.

"Allie calm down it's me." My capture breathed. Before I could break away the man came barreling down the stairs straight past the little alcove we were hidden in.

As soon as he was past the person let go.

I whirled around, ready to fight if I had to.

The guy threw his hands up and took a step back, "Hey now calm down, Allie its just..." He stopped mid sentence and peered at me for a moment. Realization dawned in his eyes and his whole frame went rigid. "You're not Allie, so I'm guessing you might be her soul mate." He spoke with utter calm, but his body was ready for an attack.

I straightened and rubbed my palms together, bit of a nervous habit.

I cleared my throat. "Um no, My name is Jack, I suppose I'm her soul mate? I'm not me so I'm guessing I'm her?" I looked down at her hands, the scars glared back.

"Dude, you sound way confused. Didn't anyone ever tell you what it's gonna be like?"

I shuffled my feet and looked away. No, none had ever tried to tell me how it'd be.

He leaned out of the little alcove we were hidden in and scanned the area briefly.

"Come on." He huffed, trotting up the stairs.

 I didn't feel any reason not to, so I followed.