Chapter Nine

Couple of days after raghu's wedding, sanyukta walked into her cabin and found the file on her table. Everything happened in jiffy that things were left the moment as they were. It was 8 in the morning and the employees still hadn't come. She sat in her chair and opened the file, she had skimmed through the papers regarding the Agarwal's and now she was skimming through the papers regarding the Shekawat's when her telephone buzzed.

She checked her watch and wondered who that could be; as no one knew that she'd be at office at this time, except raghu. "Raghu" she said to herself attending the call

"Hello, sanyukta speaking." She said. There was silence.

"Hello" she iterated.

More silence. She shrugged and was about to replace the receiver when she heard someone grunting from the other side.

"Hello" she said again.

"Randheer Singh Shekawat" came the same proud voice from the other side.

"randhir" she brightened. She sprang up in happiness and hope.

"Yes Ms.Sanyukta. Randheer....! Randheer Singh Shekawat" His voice sent chills down her spine and made her go weak in her knees.

'Ms.Sanyukta!' Her hope died, 'you forgot me! How could you rain-deer.' Tears swiftly rolled down her cheeks.

"What happened, Ms.Sanyukta? Darr gayi? Meri awaz sunki?" he interrupted her thoughts.

"Yes. No. I mean. What can I do for you Mr.Shekawat?" she stammered but composed herself later.

"How dare you mess with me?" he scowled

"That's business Mr.Shekawat" she said, figuring that he was talking about the shares she bought from his company. He could feel her smirking from the other side.

"Business! My foot! You probably don't have any idea on what you're doing. Let me warn you miss. You've messed with a dangerously, stone hearted ruthless monster. Am telling you, you'll never rest in peace and I won't let you to" he gritted his teeth.

"Fine. All the best Mr.Shekawat" she said and hanged up.

"What the..." randhir tried to say something but the line went dead. "Fuck" he slammed the receiver down on the phone fuming with anger "how dare she disconnects the line when am talking. How dare she?" he banged his fist on the table whilst sanyukta, in her cabin, was in tears. "How could you forget me rain-deer. How could you" she cried for moments, consoled herself later. "Fine randhir! Let's play it your way. And I'll make sure that all your roads finally lead to me! You can't escape me! Randhir. You can't escape me! Get ready to marry me my rival" she said to herself, as she picked up the receiver and dialed randhir's office number. Randhir picked up for the first ring

"I know, it's you Ms.Sanyukta. Kya hua? Scared? Ready to accept you defeat?" he said sarcastically.

"The game just began Mr.Randhir. Take a break, till I strike back. You need distraction I think." she sounded equally sarcastic, and the line went dead.

"Distraction! My foot!" he slammed down the receiver, fuming, seconds later his face softened a bit and a smirk appeared on his face... "Yes Ms.Sanyukta. You're right. I need a distraction... this time; it's not ishika...but you... you've dug your own grave."

..............................................................................

Half an hour after the disturbing phone conversation with randhir, she saw parth walking into her cabin.

"You seemed so stressed" he said settling in the chair opposite to hers,

"Nothing much." she shrugged "what can I do for you Mr.Parth"

"Oh please, enough of this formal addressing. Call me parth. Okay" he said. Sanyukta forced a smile. And there was silence after which, they were involved in a small conversation.

While talking to her, Parth casually took the file on her table to his hands and began to skim through it. The moment he saw the papers regarding the Agarwal's, he straightened his frame, clenching his jaws and alerted himself.

"You acquired 49% shares in the Agarwal's" he exclaimed. She nodded. He put down the file and said."Well, it'd be beneficial if you takeover that company, for you and your company's growth" he opined.

"Point. But it takes time"

"Not much if you plan carefully" he said.

"You mean?" sanyukta narrowed her eyes.

"Simple. They are already in losses. You make them bankrupt." he shrugged. Sanyukta leaned back, thinking. There was a thoughtful Silence after which she spoke. "Fine. I have an important work, if you don't mind will you please, excuse me." She spoke, softly. Parth smiled and got to his feet, leaving sanyukta behind.

After parth left sanyukta left her office for her apartment. For the whole day she curled up on the floor at a corner with the gifts, randhir had given her, round her, the two photos she tore off from the orphanage's album, were now neatly cropped and laminated. They were now hung on the wall of her bedroom beside the rak where she carefully, impeccably arranged randhir's gifts.

Tears were flowing down incessantly; right from the moment randhir spoke to her on phone. "How can you forget me randhir. How can you?" she cried hugging the photo in which she was with randhir, to her heart. She cried till her tears had put her to sleep. She slept for hours together and woke up finally with loud buzz of her mobile.