Chapter 1

Darkness - It cannot be seen, cannot be felt, Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt, It lies behind stars and under hills, And empty holes it fills,
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

Dan howell is living in this darkness for about 3 years now. Where no one could hear his voice or understand his story. Everyone left him and the only person who he lives with is her grandma, the one and only person who cared for him. But granny was suffering from cancer.
All her hair were abandoned ,her lips had turned white and her chances of survival became low.
Dan knew that he has to spend his life alone but he was only 15 years old and had no money.

His family left him all alone because of many reasons.
*flashback*
22nd December 2003
It was a chilly evening. I was covering another song to post it on youtube. I am dan howell and my dream is to become lead singer of a band.
But my parents have never supported me. All they want me to do is study and get a nice job.
I finished the song and laid down on my bed, thinking about my future.
Suddenly, the door swung open and my dad entered the room.  ' I heard everything.' He barked.
Did i say it out loud??
He pushed me towards the wall and started punching me in my face and stomach. No words, no tears and no pain was there. The only thing there as blood rushing out from everywhere. He pulled my hair and kicked me out of the house. I didn't even say a word. I stood there, motionless. The main door swung open again. This time, it was my mom. She threw some clothes and food at me and closed the door again.
A note was stuck there. It was by my mom. It said ' You are just useless and you cannot do anything. I thought that you would study hard to become a successful person but you are covering songs to become a singer. That's just awful and we don't need a child who can't do any good. I guess this is our end. We don't want you so please don't come here again.'
                                        - lisa howell
And this is how my parents left me. My granny loved me a lot and i knew she would keep me with her.
I started to walk towards her house as it wasn't really far away.
There was a woman in her early twenties who sitting on a bench there. She raised her index finger towards me and told me to sit beside her.
She wasn't a bad woman either. We just talked about our lives and i asked her if she could drop me to my granny's house. She agreed and we went towards her house. It was warm as usual, the smell of garlic bread filled in the air made my mouth water.
I celebrated that christmas with my grandma which was pretty fun. 

Granny bandaged all the bruises and kissed my forehead. She is the most caring person ever.
*flashback over*