chapter 25

Phil's pov
I was scared. I was terrified. I didn't want to leave Dan but there was no other option left.

My life has been ruined.
I can't take this anymore.

*2 hours later*
Dan was asleep in my arms. I didn't want to lose him. But he probably doesn't even like me. I know he's just playing games with me.
Nobody could actually like me. That's just not possible.

I kissed Dan's forehead and he smiled. Maybe this is the right time.
I gently pushed Dan's hair away from his eyes to look at his beautiful face for the last time.
Remember Dan, I love you regardless to  what you've done to me. I tried to stop myself from falling in love with you but I couldn't. Thank you so much for making me feel precious, even when you didn't mean it. I know. I know that you hate me.  I know that this is all just an act. But the feelings in my heart for you are real. I am so sick and tired of dealing with every day's bullshit and i'm ending this all. So you could live happily ever after. Just remember, i'll never be gone. Down in the forest, somewhere in between the shining stars, i will be there for you. Bye Dan.

I slipped the note into Dan's pocket and walked away.
There was dead silence in the dark and lonely place.
No chirping of birds or songs of animals.
Only the winds blowing through my ears and rustling of leaves.
I went up near the old oak tree.
Memories of me and dan started flashing in my brain, breaking my heart every time.
I took a deep breath.
Why am i even concerned about dan? He doesn't even like me. It's not like he's going to wail and sob after i enter in a completely different world of nothing but darkness.
I put the rope on the top of the tree and tied a knot with it.
Before I could start with the next step, I heard a voice.
"Don't do this to me Phil."
Silence.