chapter 9

Dan's pov
'So i've been wanting to tell you something Phil' i blurted out, obviously regretting what i'm going to tell him.
'What is it Dan? ' he asks me with a confused look.
I put my hand on top of his and squeeze it before i start saying something.
' Phil, it's about um my personal life.'
'Dan, are you sure that you trust me? Because you just met me. '
' Look, Phil' i stare into his shimmering blue eyes and after a few seconds of silence, i snap out of my imaginations and try to recall what i was about to say.
' I can trust you for sure. You are my only friend here and i don't want to keep this to myself anymore. lately, it has been killing me from inside and i thought that now it's time to share my thoughts with someone .'
he stares at me with his curious eyes, waiting for words to come out of my mouth.
'I am dealing with a lot of problems right now. First of all, I don't live with my parents anymore. ' i sighed
' W-what? i never even thought of that.' Phil says with a shock.
I just nod my head and continue with the story of my life.
'My parents kicked me out of the house because they thought that i was behaving "abnormally". Just because i wanted to become something else than becoming a businessman doesn't mean that you'll become rude only so i could follow you. After all, i was not their puppet. nobody can force me to do what they want. I'm also a human who has dreams and passions. My heart shattered into a million pieces when i had to leave my family for some stupid reason. '
' I'm feel sorry for you Dan. I really do.' he puts one of his arm around my neck.
'I get bullied in school everyday. I can do nothing good. I am more like a burden for everyone. Nobody wants to be friends with me.'
i started feeling really low but Phil got my back. he pulled me closer to himself and rubbed my back. I suddenly felt really calm and nice.
'Dan, you would not like it but um...'
he pulls up his sleeves and hides his face into my sweatshirt. I was pretty sure that those were scars because of self harm. I did not say anything but hugged him from his waist. I couldn't believe that Phil would do this to himself.