chapter 19

Dan's pov
Monsters don't sleep under your bed. They sleep inside your head.
What is the meaning of life? Am i even worth living? In this big universe, nobody would even care if i'll die. Even if you try hard and get far, it won't matter.
Nothing matters.
I'm just a tiny human made up of a few organs which is somehow functioning properly. If i'll not be here, the earth wouldn't stop rotating, people would not cry for me, the sun wouldn't swallow the solar system, the black holes won't destroy our galaxy. Nothing would change.
I lay down on the floor. Silently. These existential crisis have now become so frequent that my brain has totally given up on me.
I remember the place where i used to wander when I felt lonely.
After a few minutes, i was there. standing alone in the forest.

Such a lonely day and it's mine. The most loneliest day of my life.
I let the music blast through my ears, turning up the volume after every line.
I hum along as the song continues.
And if you go, i wanna go with you.
And if you die, i wanna die with you.
What if Phil is dead? I don't know.. but i want to.
I take off my shoes and plunge my feet into the frosty water.
The fresh liquid splashes onto my feet, making me feel luxuriate.
I remember the day me and phil came here. The day i kissed Phil. The day i told how i feel towards him.
I don't have the strength to get up. My legs are numb. My mind is exasperated. I just want to go back and fix everything.
I hear a noise from the forest and immediately get up.
After searching for about one hour in the unilluminated forest having a few rays of light due to the tyndall effect, I found her.
She was a light-skinned young woman in her early twenties. I guess i've seen her before. Or is it just my imagination?
"Well, how are you Daniel?" how does she know my name?
"I-i'm fine i g-guess." i stuttered.
"You've changed a lot. Remember me? I'm the girl you met when you left your house." she chuckled.
Now i know who she is. She knows a lot of things about me. Well, i thought that i was never going to meet her again but here we are.
a/n what was that? uh maybe just a bunch of song references i guess. Oh you're talking about Phil? yeah went on a holiday with louise.(jk)