Day Twenty-Six

When I wake up the next time it's because my pillow is moving. I whine and clutch Avi tighter to prevent him from getting away.

"Mitch, I'm just going to the bathroom" he ensures me and moves me down from his chest to get out of the bed.

I sigh and open my eyes, grabbing my phone from the nightstand blindly, looking through the notifications. A few twitter mentions but most important, a missed call and a voicemail from Scott.

"Hey, Minnie Mouse, I just wanted to know if the two of you are maybe up for a game night. Just gimme a call and we'll talk, alright?"

I decide to wait for Avi, wanting to confirm plans with him. "Big Daddy, do you wanna head over to our place for games later on?" I ask him as he comes back into the room.

"Yeah, why not" he answers. "But I thought you and Scott wanted to do something together today? I don't want to get in between the two of you!"

I shake my head. "You aren't! I assume that at least Alex will be there." I wink at him and take my phone again. "I'll just call Scott and then I'll be yours until we have to get ready."

"Good to know" Avi gets into the bed beside me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

I press the green button on my phone to call my bestie.

"Hey, Sally" I greet him. "So about the evening..."

"Yeah, actually I wanted to have a wine night with you but Alex got the new Mario Kart... So..."

"He did?" My eyes widen and I squeal, earning a shocked look from Avi.

"Yeah, he texted me that he bought it in his lunch break and wants to try it out tonight."

"We're definitely going to be there! Is like... six okay? We could have snacks together and everything" I propose.

Scott chuckles. "Mitch, you live here, you can come whenever you want. But six is okay, I think Alex gets off work at five or so."

"Alright, Samantha. See you later, tell me if we need anything so we might stop at the store on our way, alright?"

"Will do, Mathilda!"

"I hope you still like Mario Kart because Alex got it today and we're going to try it out" I tell Avi.

He grins. "Are you kidding me? I love Mario Kart! Totally forgot it came out..."

"Yep, anyway, we still have some time until we need to get ready..."

Avi nods. "Mhm, let's maybe watch some TV? You could show me this trashy movie you and Scott always mention... with Lindsay Lohan?"

"Mean Girls? Damn Avi, that's such a good idea! You're going to love that movie" I exclaim.

~

"I didn't like the movie." We are on our way back to my place as Avi makes the confession.

I giggle at that. "Somehow I noticed. At least when you fell asleep during the last third."

"Sorry, Mitch."

"Never mind, Avi" I return with a wink just as he parks his car in front of our house. He leans over to press a short kiss on my lips.

I return the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck, not wanting to let go of him just yet. We make out in the car until we're interrupted by a knock on the windscreen. As we jump apart I hear a loud, sudden laugh. It's Alex who apparently just comes from work.

I get out of the car, red like a tomato. "We were just coming..." I say to Alex, blushing even more when I realise what I just said. "I mean..."

Alex shakes his head in amusement as Avi gets out of the car, smiling slightly abashed.

"Come on, loverboys, we have a new game to try out." Alex winks at us, still not hiding the fact that he is utterly amused by what he just had witnessed. "Unless the two of you want to continue what you've just begun in the car?"

I giggle. "No. You know, Allie, we-"

"-definitely should try out the game" Avi interrupts me, putting an arm around me as we make our way to the porch and into the house.

As Alex's and my eyes meet he raises an eyebrow in question but I can only shrug my shoulders because I am a little bit confused about the sudden change in Avi's demeanor. I was just about to continue the friendly banter with Alex but he got serious and cut me off. Yet, he holds me in his arms, softly, like he always does, as we sit down on the couch, getting ready for some Mario Kart-action.

~~~~~~