Morning Twenty-Eight

When I first wake up it's because Avi is scooting out of the bed carefully. He's trying to be as quiet as possible to not wake me up.

I open one eye lazily and hum softly.

"Close your eyes and sleep some more. I'm going to prepare some breakfast, alright?" Avi smiles at me lovingly and strokes my cheek.

"Mmhm" I return, already drifting away again.

~

When I wake up the next time it's because I hear a loud noise followed by a salve of swearwords. Curious as I am, I get up, put on my boxer briefs and Avi's dress shirt and plod into the kitchen, laughing at what I see. Avi is kneeling on the floor, wiping up eggs.

"What the hell happened?" I ask him, amusement evident in my voice.

"Wanted to make omelette but ended up throwing the bowl off the counter" he explains. "So much for breakfast in bed..."

"Breakfast in bed is overrated! Don't get me wrong, I definitely love being pampered every now and then but I like a nicely prepared breakfast table more than anything" I explain as I get down on my knees withca wet cloth, helping him to clean up the mess.

"Good to know" Avi returns, smirking.

"Mmhm, let's just do it. We make some new omelettes, a few fruits, coffee and sit down on the terrace."

"Okay, Babe but you do the omelettes, this time, I'll cut up some fruits and set the table" he kisses me quickly and we both get to work.

Twenty minutes later we are in the middle of an amazing breakfast, enjoying the omelettes and fresh fruit.

"What are you up to today?" Avi wants to know.

"Mmhm, I think I'm going to have a me-day. A little bit of wellness, a good series, maybe I'll even clean out my closet or work on some music. Just whatever I feel like doing, without obligations, you know?"

"That sounds like an amazing plan" he returns. "But can you maybe stay until Kevin is here? Because I want to tell him..."

I smile at the way he fumbles with his fingers nervously, remembering that it would be his coming-out as not straight as well. "Of course I'll stay, Avi! I'll always take time for you."

"Thank you, Mitchy..." he says softly. smiling at me.

"Any time, Big Daddy" I return, finishing my coffee. "When is he coming over?"

"In an hour."

"Mmhm... but I need a shower first, we probably reek of sex" I state and get up taking as many plates as I can manage to carry at once.

"Be my guest, I'll tidy up meanwhile."

I make a quick job of showering and get dressed in my own jeans and a flannel that Avi hands me wordlessly.

"I blow him a kiss and then wait for him to finish in the bathroom.

Just as he's about to join me in the living room, Kevin arrives, carrying a sixpack of beer and a bright smile.

"Mitch, I didn't know you'd be joining us" he greets me, hugging me tightly.

"Surprise" I say, giggling. "Actually I'm not staying for the songwriting, I'm just here because we need to talk to you..."

Avi nods, uneasiness evident on his face.

Kevin raises his eyebrows in confusion but sits down on the sofa opposite to us. "Okay, shoot!"

"I don't know how to start" Avi says, looking at me for help.

"Just say it, Avi" I encourage him.

I feel him taking a deep breath. "Kevin, Mitch and I... we are dating."

I keep my eyes focused on Kevin, not knowing what reaction to expect.

"I know" the beatboxer answers.

My eyes widen. "Excuse me? How do you? Did Scott? Or Kirstie?"

"Nobody told me. I'm just good at observing" he explains. "And I've seen you at the beach a few days ago, I was taking a walk with Alyssa and well... you were very obvious as you were kissing each other in the water."

"And you don't have a problem with it?" Avi asks, not believing what he just heard.

"No! I mean it is going to be weird having a couple in the group, but you've found each other and I'm genuinely happy for you! The only thing I and the others will probably ask of you is to try and separate your private life from band life. I don't mind PDA at all, just try to maybe tone it down" Kevin answers, sounding reasonable.

"Of course. PTX and our relationship are two different things and I personally want to keep it this way" I add. "Which is why I'm going to let you work right now, I'll see you on Monday, Kevin, have fun!" I get up to hug him tightly.

"Bye Mitch" Kevin says, hugging me back. I quickly take my Celine and then shirt I wore yesterday and turn make my way to the front door, Avi following me suit.

"So... What are you up to tomorrow" Avi wants to know.

"We're meeting up with Tyler Oakley for collaborations and maybe go out in the evening, if you want to come?" I answer.

"Out as in hitting gay-bars" he wants to know. "I'll pass though, I'm meeting up with a few friends."

I nod. "Probably. But I won't be misbehaving, Big Daddy" I say, winking at him.

He grins at the reference. "So we'll see each other on Friday" he concludes.

"Yep, I'm free. We'll talk about the details later?"

"Gotcha" he returns, before he kisses me softly. "Enjoy your you-time."

"I'll definitely will." I kiss him once again and then open the door to step out into the warm sun. "Bye, Big Daddy."

Avi smiles at me brightly when I nickname him once more. "Bye, Queen."

~~~~~~~

A/N: Hope you like what I wrote on the train back home from Cologne ;)

I don't know when I'm going to update, probably won't be as frequent the next few days, because I need to prepare two term-paper topics for university and am still working on an academic book review. It's only ~4.5k characters but I've been working on perfecting it since Christmas, because it's going to be published... And always reading the same sixhundred-something words and making slight changes is tiring as hell.

I'm ranting again, sorry for that. I should go to bed. Goodbye :)