Chapter 8

We weren't even half way through the ball and my sister was already putting flowers into my hair. She had plucked the pale colored flowers from the numerous vases placed near the walls and on the tables.
I didn't mind though, even without the flowers I was no match for any of the men here, with their mark less skin and shining eyes. How every button on their coats were polish and how elegant they looked with their height.
My father only stood out because of the dark armor and his skin.
I stood out because of that and because I was so short I could have passed for a woman.
Even some of the women were taller than I was.
That didn't stop them from asking me for a dance and I politely declined all offers telling them I had to watch over my sister.
"That is so sweet of you!" A girl in a pale pink dress had said.
"I wish my brother cared for me like that when I was young." An older woman had sighed.
They all just wanted to dance with me because I was a prince.
Without that title I doubt any of the women would even glance at me.
No that I would have minded if they didn't notice me.
All the women wore large colorful dresses and had their hair dyed or braided with gems and flowers.
Their faces were much worse.
All of them, expect for a few, had blank white eyes. And their cheeks were much to red to be natural.
Then everyone was called to the table, and I walked up as the only prince with flowers in his hair.