Chapter 11

I had to chase my sister around the garden until Bradford brought a group of girls Rosa's age that could distract her. She made friends with all of them as she always did. She was so much like our mother.
My pleasant thoughts of my mother were pushed away by my own personal distractions Dominic and his brother Bradford.
Their father must have never gave then attention or praise because that's all they wanted from me. They ran me about like crazy asking me to look at this and that.
"Come and look at these flowers Florence!" Dominic would say and grab my hand.
I would yank my hand away, but before I could tell Dominic to never touch me Bradford would ask for me to watch him shoot his bow.
At least Evander was not starved of attention, instead he seemed to enjoy watching his brothers yank me back and forth like a chew toy.
"So you're not a peasant." Dominic said while Bradford was trying to retrieve an arrow from a tree.
"No I'm not." I glared at Dominic as I said this, but was meet with a sideways grin.
"Attitude of a prince, face of a prince, but as weak as a servant."
I wasn't going to respond to that.
"Oh now you're giving me the silent treatment?"
My sister ran up before I could respond and begun pulling at my hand.
"Brother! Come and see this tree! It's beautiful Brother!" Rosa yanked my arm harder than Dominic and Bradford had.
"Alright, alright no need to run the tree will still be there."
I didn't expect her to listen so I had to run slightly bent over as she pulled my arm.