(3) Two Players, One Lie

The first thing I heard the next morning was my alarm clock ringing in my ears, causing me to shoot up from my bed. I turned my head and grabbed my phone from my bedside table to turn off the alarm. The ringing stopped and I lazily rolled out of my bed, slowly trudging to my bathroom to do my usual, boring morning routine.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face quickly before going back into my closet to change into a gray crop top, black jeans, and black combat boots. I decided to wrap a flannel around my waist just for the heck of it.

I middle parted my hair like usual and brushed it, deciding to leave it down just like I do every single morning.

I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulders, walking out of my room and down the hallway. "Let's go, Wes!" I called as I passed by his bedroom door.

Wesley then walked out of his room and followed me down the stairs. When I entered the kitchen, my dad was sitting at the dining table, reading a newspaper and sipping on his coffee just like almost every other morning.

"Morning dad," I spoke when I entered the kitchen.

"Hey dad," Wesley added.

"Good morning kids. Have a good day at school."

I nodded before walking to the pantry and grabbing the bread out of it. I put two pieces of bread in the toaster and waited for until the bread got toasty enough for my liking.

I popped the toast out of the toaster and quickly slathered some jelly on the toast. Wesley quickly made himself some toast afterwards and then we both exited the house.

Today, we decided to take the Camaro. We both hopped into the Camaro and drove off to school.

[] [] []

Most of the school day was over and I only had two more class periods left. The day flew by pretty quickly overall, and I would be excited for my Mom's birthday dinner after school if it weren't for Jared. Jared, Jared, Jared, I'm sick of hearing his name all the time. He's the captain of the football team and all the girls drool over him like he's Justin Bieber. Well, he's not that fucking perfect! He's just an annoying little pig that has been screwing up my life for years, dammit!

Okay, I need to stop focusing on the bad side and think about the bright side. It's my Mom's birthday and I'm not going to let Jared screw it up this time.

I walked up to my locker and put in the combination. When it opened, I grabbed my physics textbook and my calculus textbook, which were the two classes that I had left before the day was over.

Shawn shortly walked up to his locker beside me. "Hey Zoey," He spoke as he put in his locker combination.

I put a smile on my face and closed my locker. "Hey Shawn,"

Shawn opened his locker and faced me. "Are you going to Bethany's party on Saturday?"

I almost forgot that Bethany's birthday was coming up soon. She always threw an epic party at her house every year that everyone showed up to.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot," I said.

Shawn nodded. "So, are you coming?"

"Yeah, sure.  I always come to Bethany's parties—" I stopped in the middle of my sentence when in noted that Carson was waking in my direction.

Shawn turned around to see what I was staring at, and he put an 'I should've known' look on his face.

"Hey, Carson. How'd you do on your economics exam?" I asked anxiously.