(6) Two Players, One Bitch

I finally finished typing the five hundredth word for my five-hundred-word essay and printed it out. This essay was due next class and I was lucky enough to get to finish it in the library or else I would've failed it, and I don't do failure.

I took the paper out of the printer and quickly looked over it before I walked towards the library door. I was about to open it before someone suddenly stepped in front of me, blocking my way.

I looked at the person to see that it was Savannah South, a girl in my grade who I hated with a passion. She had long blonde hair, green eyes, and a horrible attitude.

"Excuse me," I said, stepping to the side, but she stepped along with me and blocked my way yet again. I rolled my eyes and let out a heavy sigh. "Okay, so I guess being nice isn't helping here. So let me rephrase that; move out of my way."

"I hear you're dating Jared," she said, ignoring my request. I stare at her for a while and she placed her hands on her waist as she waited for me to reply.

I didn't know whether to tell her that Jared and I weren't really dating, or to lie and keep the act and tell her we are dating.

Savannah dated Jared a couple weeks ago, no surprise since Jared has dated pretty much every senior girl at East Ridge High School, except for Beth and Taylor. She's probably heard the news that Jared and I are dating and she's probably running to me because she's jealous and she wants to tell me to stay away from Jared.

"So you all of a sudden can't speak now?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

I glare at her and cross my arms over my chest. "Yeah, we are dating." I replied, deciding to just keep the act, as much as it was killing me.

"Don't even try it," Savannah snapped. "I known you and Jared aren't really dating."

"How could you possibly know that?!" I yelled in frustration.

"Sh!" The librarian, Ms. Higly hissed. I turned to face Ms. Higly and gave her an apologetic look before turning back to Savannah and glaring at her again.

Okay, how the hell does she know my personal information?! I hadn't told her or anybody else that the relationship between Jared and I was fake, so how could she possibly know?

"I overheard you two in the kitchen at Bethany's party on Friday," She said with a sickening smirk on her face.

"Why were you even listening to our conversation?" I asked with gritted teeth. Who the hell does this girl think she is, listening in on my private conversations?! It took every power in my body not to push her to the ground and rip all of her stupid, shiny blonde hair out of her head.

"Doesn't matter. You two obviously don't want people to know you're not really dating, correct?"

"How about you just keep your mouth shut and don't tell anyone anything at all. There is more to life than gossip."

"Whatever," Savannah spat. "I won't say anything about you and Jared on one condition."

I sighed and rolled my eyes to the back of my head in frustration. "What?"

"Stay away from Jared. Or else, I'm telling everyone that you and Jared aren't really dating."

Oh, what a surprise. I was not expecting that.

"But, you don't underst—"

"I don't want to hear it," Savannah interrupted. "It's super easy. Just stay away from Jared and I will keep my mouth shut. But if you don't, I'm telling everyone that you two aren't actually dating."