(18) Two Players, One Apology

It was Saturday. I could've been doing so many things like watching Teen Wolf, or going over Bethany, Taylor, or Meg's house, or eating, or even doing homework.

But all I could seem to do was sit silently in my room and think about Jared. All I could think about was how mad he was yesterday.

And I was trying to explain to Jared that I actually was trying to get away from Alex and that I did tell him that I had a "boyfriend", but he didn't want to listen.

Maybe I should call him and tell him the truth.

With that, I reached and grabbed my phone from my bedside table and scrolled down until I found Jared's number. Our parents made us save each other's numbers a long time ago, but we never called or texted each other...at least until now.

I clicked on the contact and waited for it to ring. After two rings, I got the voice message system. "Ugh!" I yelled in frustration, hanging up and throwing my phone across the room.

I didn't actually mean to throw my phone, it was just instincts. But after I threw it, it forcefully knocked against the wall and erupted a loud sound, creating a hole in my wall.

My mouth gaped open ad I got up and limped over to the hole in the wall. I sighed and walked over to all my fashion magazines. I picked a random magazine and pulled out a Five Seconds of Summer poster and quickly taped it to cover the hole in the wall.

You know what? If he doesn't want to answer my calls, then I just shouldn't worry about it. It's not even a big deal to me. So what if he doesn't know what really went down between Alex and I? I don't care.

I mentally shrugged my shoulders and sat back down on my bed, crossing my arms over my chest. I sat there, staring at my wall for about like five seconds before rolling my eyes and getting up from my bed.

I exited my room and limped down the hallway and down the stairs. I went inside the garage and took a random set of car keys from the key rack.

I looked and saw that I grabbed he keys to the mustang, so I unlocked the car and got in. I opened the garage and backed out, quickly driving to my destination.

When I got there, I got out of the car and limped to the front door. I rung the doorbell and waited for a few seconds before I watched the door swing open to reveal Jared.

"Zoey—"

"I didn't kiss Alex. I mean, I did kiss him, but he kissed me and I didn't want to kiss him," I said, walking into the house.

Jared closed the door and turned around to face me. "Zoey—"

"And when he leaned in to kiss me I told him I couldn't because of you. And when he did kiss me, I tried to push his away." I explained further.

"Zoey—"

"So don't be mad at me, because it wasn't my fault—"

"Zoey!" Jared yelled.

"What?!" I yelled back.

"I know what happen." Jared spoke, causing me to go silent and furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?"

"Alex told me like a few minutes after it happened. He stopped me before I drove away and told me what really happened." Jared explained.

"Oh," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "So what do you have to say for yourself?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

Jared put a smile on his face and ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you better be," I said, pointing my index finger at him. Jared laughed and shook his head. "But there is one more thing I wanted to ask you." I stated.

"What is it?" He asked curiously.

"Um, when you saw us kissing, why'd you get so jealous?" I asked.

"I wasn't jealous. I was just mad because I thought it was gonna screw everything up." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Nah, I'm pretty sure you were jealous." I said, letting a smile grown on my face and stepping closer to him.

"I wasn't, just forget it." He said, trying his best to dismiss the subject, but it wasn't working.

"No, no, no. I think you were j—"

"Okay!" Jared interrupted. My smile grew bigger as he continued to talk. "I was a little jealous."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "It took you long enough."

"It took you long enough." Jared mocked in an annoying voice. I shook my head and laughed, which made Jared laugh. "You have the most adorable laugh I've ever heard in my life."

I put an embarrassing smile on my face and looked down. "Thanks." I looked back up and Jared and once again, we were awkwardly staring at each other for a few seconds I broke the silence. "So um, I better get going." I said, pointing back at the front door with my thumb. "I just came to clarify what happened."

"Oh, yeah." Jared nodded. "Well, see you later then."

"Okay," I said before turning around, limping the front door, and exiting the house.
_

Sorry for the shorter chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed and keep reading.

Chapter 18 question is...

If you could be any age for a week, what age would you pick?

Remember to vote and comment cuz I really wanna know what you guys think. Okay, love you bye!