(19) Two Players, One Worry

Weeks passed and it finally came to the time where I could finally take the stupid boot off my ankle and walk properly.

I probably spent about two whole hours dancing in my room, so happy that I could finally walk again. But I was sure to be careful while dancing because I didn't want to sprain it again right after it being healed.

But as for today, it was a Friday, and I needed to get ready for school. So I got out of bed, turning my alarm off and walked to the bathroom to do the daily routine.

After all the bathroom stuff, I walked to my closet and opened the doors to pick out an outfit for the day. I settled on some blue skinny jeans, a Rolling Stones t-shirt, and some brown strappy sandals.

I overlooked myself in the mirror and nodded before walking out of my room. I stopped in front of Wesley's room because I was about to tell him to come out so we can get to school, but I continued walking when I remembered he rode the bus now and that he already left for the bus.

It was relieving that he didn't have to ride to school with me anymore, but it was still kind of weird since it's become apart of my normal routine.

I walked to the garage and pulled a set of keys off the rack and got into the car. I started up the car and began driving to school.

When I got there, I parked the car and met up with Bethany, Taylor, Shawn, and Meg. "Hey, Zoey," Bethany said as I walked over.

"Hey, guys." I greeted.

"Hey, you can finally walk!" Meg stated, pointing to my right ankle.

I smiled. "I know, I'm so happy."

"So, are you guys going to Alyssa's party tonight?" Taylor asked.

I put an unsure look on my face and shook my head. "Nah, I don't really think I want to go."

"Zoey Stevens is passing up a party?" Shawn asked in disbelief.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked into the building at the sound of the bell. I walked to my locker, but on the way, someone suddenly stepped in my way.

I rolled my eyes and looked up to see it was Alex. "Ugh, what the hell do you want?" I spat.

Alex put his hand over his heart and put a fake hurt expression on his face. "It's a pleasure to see you too?"

"Blah, blah, blah. What do you want?" I said, obviously wanting him to cut to the freaking chase.

"Did Jared tell you that I told him what really happened?" He asked.

"Yes,"

"See, I did take the responsible act and told him the truth. Now aren't you proud?" He asked with a victorious grin.

"Yeah, I'm so proud," I said sarcastically. "But thanks," I said in more serious matter before pushing him to the side and continuing to walk to my locker.

[] [] []

It was Friday night. Sweet, Friday night. I loved Friday nights because it was the start of the weekend which meant I didn't have to deal with any annoying people like Savannah, and I had a full two days just to do whatever I wanted.

But of course, I had to finish my homework before I did anything else.

I finally finished the last problem in my calculus textbook and closed it, putting it to the side. I turned towards my digital clock and saw that the time was nine o'clock p.m. I could spend hours doing my homework and not even realize that I'd gotten dark outside.