(5) Two Players, One Party

"May I have everyone's attention," Bethany screamed into the microphone, causing me to cringe and cover my ears. Everyone put irritated expressions on their faces and covered their ears as well. "Oops, sorry," Bethany said, lowering her voice and putting an apologetic look on her face.

Everyone was eating lunch in the cafeteria before Bethany stood on top of our lunch table with a microphone to announce her big news. Everyone in the cafeteria most likely already knew what the announcement was.

"Okay, My name is Bethany Davis, but all of you should already know that," I laughed as Bethany continued. She cleared her throat before speaking again. "So, as you all know, my eighteenth birthday is today! Which means I'm having a party tonight at my place!"

Everyone in the cafeteria started mumbling, already discussing what they're going to wear to the party. I looked up at Bethany as she continued. "So you're all invited and the party starts at ten o'clock p.m. And...I think that's it. Oh, bring a receipt with your presents... Thank you."

Bethany put the microphone down and hopped down from the table. She sat next to me, where she was sitting before she stood up to make her party announcement.

"I can't wait for this party, Beth," Taylor stated before turned her head towards me and put a smirk on her face.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What?"

"Are you going to go with Deon?" Taylor asked, moving he eyebrows up and down.

Everyone at the table turned their heads towards me, curiously waiting for me to give an answer. I put a weird look on my face. "Why are you guys so interested in Deon?"

"Zoey, we know you two have something going on. You two stare at each other for hours in physics class," Bethany mentioned.

"And, you two were kissing in front of my locker yesterday," Shawn added.

I rolled my eyes and stabbed my fork in my bowl of salad. "I don't know. Maybe, maybe not," I stated shrugging my shoulders.

"Whatever, either way we're all going to have a great time at my party," Bethany said, looking at everyone at the table in assurance.

"I have to pick out an outfit. Zoey, come shopping with me after school." Taylor said, turning to head toward me.

"Um, I can't," I simply stated, popping a tiny tomato in my mouth.

Taylor sighed and turned towards Bethany. "Will you come shopping with me, Bethany?"

Bethany put an apologetic look on her face. "Sorry, Tay. My grandma just came in town and I have to be there for the family dinner."

Taylor then slowly turned around to face Shawn, and opened her mouth, but before she could say anything, he quickly refused.

Taylor rolled her eyes and we all laughed as we continued to eat her lunch.

[] [] []

I entered my house this afternoon, relieved to be away from school. Bethany's party wasn't until ten, but I decided to go ahead and pick out my outfit so I won't have to rush when it's time to go.

I headed upstairs and walked down the long hallway until I got to my room. I slung my back pack to a corner of my room and walked directly to my closet. I slung the double doors open and walked inside.

I put my hands on my hips, scanning my eyes over all the clothing I had in my closet. I pulled out the dark red dress that I had gotten last year. It was just a casual dress that stopped at my thighs. I then pulled out my favorite black boots and settled on that outfit.