Who's on the other side

Video is The Dangers Of Social Media (Child Predator Social Experiment) Boy Edition!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jMhMVEjEQg 

(Girl Edition[ we may have all seen it])

So do you have a very protective parent/s? I do.

It's nothing to be embarrassed about but it's something that needs to be addressed.

Online there are millions of people out there and you have to be careful. You don't know who you're going to talk to. Now you have the right to talk to anyone but have to be careful.

Once someone tried to get money from me on Wattpad because this person needed money to publish their book. And I didn't give it to him I just looked up a rescues for him to go and told him wattpad publishes book. Now I don't know if they still do but at the time yes.

He never spoke to me again.

I know, I know you gone through this at school, with your parents, at a youth group, or somewhere. But parents these days don't trust their kids, I bet you a penny that if you told your parent that you loved them and made them breakfast that the first thing they ask you is, "what did you do" or "what do you want."

So I think it's time for us children to be more open to our parents. We at least owe them some reassurance. If it is about outside of the home or online.

Here are some tips I found online as well as my own.

1. Spend time having fun with your parents online and helping them understand what's technology!

2. Never post your personal information, such as a cell phone number, home number, home address, or your location on any social networking site or through mobile apps like Snapchat or Instagram.

3. Never meet in person with anyone you first "met" on the internet. If someone asks to meet you, tell your parents or guardian right away. Some people may not be who they say they are.

4. Check with your parents before you post pictures of yourself or others online. Do not post inappropriate pictures of anyone.

5. Never respond to mean or rude texts, messages, and e-mails. Delete any unwanted messages. You may need to delete friends who continuously bother you or post things that are not appropriate.

6. NEVER share your password with anyone, including your best friend. The only people who should know your password are your parents or guardian.

7. If you wouldn't say something to another person's face, don't text it or post it online.

8. Do not download or install software or anything on your computer or cell phone before checking with your parents or guardian.

9. Use the privacy settings of social networking sites.

10. If anything makes you feel uncomfortable online, while gaming or when using your cell phone, talk with your parents or guardian right away.

Even if your parents don't know much about the Internet, tell them what types of web sites you go to. They will probably be interested and impressed with your Internet skills. They may also help you avoid potential problems if a web site or new "friend" that look sketchy.

If your parents don't trust you enough to make new friends online, (if you're comfortable enough) have them look through your messages until they are okay with you to continue talking to your new friends without them looking over your shoulder.

Have them join the wattpad community or any other wed site that you are on.

I know we not kids but our parents and guardian just wants to protect us and we should respect that.

This is really about both parent and child building a bond of trust and not breaking the rules that are given to us.

I know its more on the parents side but there is no going a round it. We're young, naïve, and innocent. Our brains are not even fully developed. 

Like how many times have you broken one of those ten rules. I've told people my age, my name, gender, where I live (just state and country), I have given my password to another account to someone, and I have engaged emails. I won't lie I have gotten rude messages and responded.

But that doesn't mean that something will happen or not but it good to have someone say to 'hey be careful'.

I don't know if this helps you or not. But don't sneak around your parents back. They are responsibly for you and they love. So take this time to build this trust and educate your self and your parents.

Not everyone online is a predator, but Its hard to tell who's who today.

So if you made a new friend and your parents are saying no you can't talk to him/her you don't know them. Don't be in embarrassed, or feel pathetic to tell that person you can't talk no more.

Everyone is a stranger, that job you just started almost everyone is a stranger. Every day you talk to strangers. The friends you have were strangers, your new teachers, what the heck your parents were strangers to you at one point when you were born even the doctors. Every day you meet a stranger if its online or not. But the difference is, you can't see who's on the over side.

So my advice is let your parents monitor what you do online without the other person knowing and if they say something a predator would say your parents can do something to stop all that. And if you want to meet this person have your parent (and his/her parent) come with you to this little meet.

This is a really hard thing to talk about and even give an advice to because it's something I never talked about. Us kids/teens don't think about these thing and we think nothing will happen to us but that's when we're wrong. I mean was picked up by a driver who was a stranger when I was eleven or twelve because I got lost on my way home, I was lucky nothing happened to me, and I was dropped off just a couple blocks away from home, a nothing thing was that he went the other way so I was good 👍.

11. Don't go in a strangers cars (I broke that one too 😞)

So again this is all I can think of to help you. I hope it helps, I hope it works. And please be more open to your parents about these thing.

(Before anyone says, yes I told my parents about jumping into someone's car and I did get in trouble but I am now an adult and I know better)