Chapter 4. - Time Jump.

TOBIAS POV // 5 YEARS LATER.

(A/N: THIS CHAPTER IS BASICALLY TELLING YOU WHAT THE NEW CHICAGO LOOKS LIKE. YOU CAN SKIP PARTS THAT YOU MAY ALREADY KNOW, THEY WILL HAVE AN * BEFORE THE PARAGRAPH STARTS)

Its been 5 years. I've heard nothing and seen nothing of Tris. I've started to lose hope. She used to always tell me never to give up on something that I believe in. I believe she is still alive,

I just don't know where she is.

The good news is that I found all the others. They were all hiding out in Uriah's when I got there the day I left the hospital. I have to say, I cried when I found them.

4 years ago the new government made a statement to the whole city. They told us they were building a wall right around the city. They told us everything was gone. We are the only ones left. I don't believe a word.

The city has been divided into groups. Chicago didn't believe it at first but now everyone has eased into it. Right now, there are 5 Factions.

*
Amity the Kind. They do farming and give supplies like fresh water and food to us. They are always about kindness and harmony, they are always happy. They blame Aggression for the war. Their leader is Johanna Reyes.

Candor the Honest. They value honesty and order. They tell the truth, even when you wish they wouldn't. They blame duplicity for the war. Their leader is Jack Kang.

Erudite the Smart. They value knowledge and logic. They supply us with serums, antidotes and doctors. They simply know everything. They blamed ignorance for the war. Their leader is Jeanine Matthews.

Abnegation the Selfless. They value selflessness. They provide fresh water and food for the people who don't have a faction, the factionless. They blamed selfishness for the war. Their leader is Marcus Johnson. (A/N STILL MARRIED TO EVELYN & HE DOESN'T KNOW THEY ARE HIS PARENTS)

Dauntless the Brave. They value bravery and courage. They are our protectors, our soldiers. They fight for us and keep us safe, guarding the wall and what is outside of it. They blamed cowardice for the war. Their leader is Max.

----
About a three years ago I joined Dauntless with Chloe and all of our friends. We decided it is what we wanted to do and it could get us closer to finding Tris. With the cameras around the city, we had eyes everywhere, all the files at the touch of a button.

Everything has changed and it only feels like yesterday I was in the park with my beautiful wife and 3 year old child. But it wasn't yesterday, it was 5 years ago.

Chloe is 8 now. She is easier to handle now that she is older, but she is still do young to be facing all these changes. I haven't told her about Tris. All I have said was that she will be back soon...over and over.

I always get an aching feeling in my chest when I think about her. The day,I met her at school, the way she stared at me longer than the others. Her pink like lips and dirty blonde hair.

I would give anything to have her back.

In my arms and safe from harm.

----------
So basically it is like the movie now. There are factions and there is a wall. I know this is probably going to mess up my previous books but when I finish the book, y'all will know that it was a good choice to do this.

Chloe is 8 and Tobias is 25. At this point in time the gang: Christina, Uriah, Zeke, Lynn and Shauna are all together with Tobias and Chloe in Dauntless.

You will find out everything like jobs and stuff in the next couple of chapters.

Thank you for 100k+ on my first book! I'm so proud to have you guys with me on this journey!! Thank you for the support :)

I HAVE CHANGED MY USERNAME TO WOAHWOODLEY, SO PLEASE DON'T GET CONFUSED❤️

THE NEW ALLEGIANT TRAILER CAME OUT AND IM FREAKING OUTTTTTTTT I CANT WAIT!! Love you!