Chapter 17

2 Weeks later // Tris POV.

Nothing. No trace of him, or Marlene. We went back to the spot he was last at and he wasn't there.

I pictured us reuniting. I would smile and I would run to him. I would be in his arms and we would be free.

But instead? I'm still sitting here, looking for him. I can't give up.

"Tris?" Christina says, knocking softy on my bedroom door. I look up from my computer screen.

"Yeah?"

"I bought you something." She smiles softly walking in with a plate of sandwiches.

She sits beside me and places the plate between us. I smile at her, grabbing the ham and cheese slice.

"Where's Chloe?" I ask.

"She's in her room hanging with Shauna. I think they are painting each others nails," she laughs. "like we used to do."

I nod smiling, "I miss those days."

Her smile turns into a frown. "You know we are gonna be comfortable one day."

"For you maybe, but not for me if we don't find him. My heart is confused Chris. I don't think I'll ever be able to find home without him. I can't loose him." I say tears spilling over, running down my cheeks.

Christina pulls me into a hug, she strokes my hair like he used to do when I had nightmares, I'm in one right now.

Everything reminds me of him. His smell still lingers around. It's comforting.

*Beep* *Beep*

I look up and pull away from Christina and look at my laptop. I have an email from an unknown account.

Tris,
Meet us at the abandoned erudite warehouse tonight at 11pm.
We have him. Don't keep us waiting.

M.

"Look!" I say to Christina.

"Shit. I'll get Zeke!" She says running out of the room. I wipe my tears and stand up from my bed.

It's time.

-
This books is nearing its end and I'm so so sorry for not updating and also for making this book so short! I will more than likely be making another series❤️

AJ :)