Chapter 19-Revelations

Hey guys. Sorry I took so long to publish. I was working on some future chapters and the research took really long. But here it is! Hope you enjoy the longer than usual chapter.
-Riftwielder

The next day Rebecca can't wait for school to be over so she can go to the agency. She feels like she might have made a breakthrough last night. When she finally gets to the agency she knows exactly what she is going to say about what she discovered last night. She walks in and sees everyone sitting around the room, looking at the files. Rebecca walks towards them and puts her bag down.

"What about Penny Reynolds? She has lots of connections with previous criminals and she is loaded," Kyan says as he stands up from his chair.

"Can't be. If you look at the pictures of the bombs that where disarmed, you can tell that they are home built. She is too big a girly girl to build her own bombs and besides that she is not intelligent enough to even figure out how to do it, if you look at her IQ," Rebecca's mother says.

"Maybe that's what she wants us to think?" He states, trying to sound mysterious. Rebecca's mother tilts her head to the side slightly and cocks her eyebrow in question. "Okay fine! Who is it then?" He says exasperated, throwing his hands in the air. Rebecca's mother takes a breath to start speaking, but is interrupted by Rebecca.

"Dasha Primakov." She walks to the table and throws her file on the table.

"What?" Kyan asks, completely confused.

"Dasha Primakov from Ukraine is our culprit," Rebecca says confidently.

"Oh and how do you know that? " He asks in his characteristically cheeky tone.

"Despite the fact that she is Russian, she comes from a war plagued country, she is trained in self-defense, she finished school and had physics as a subject, she built up a major company and ended up selling it for no apparent reason, after which she just sort of disappeared from memory. And off the radar."

Her father stands up and wags his finger. "You might be onto something." Rebecca smiles, satisfied with herself.

Her father walks over to his office and the others follow him. He turns on his computer and starts typing. "What are you doing?" Rebecca asks leaning on his desk to try and see. Her father takes a while to answer because he is concentrating but does so mid-type.

"I'm pulling up all known files about Dasha."

A bunch of different boxes pop up on his screen. Some are articles, others are things like photos of her taken by surveillance cameras etc. Her father scans through the many boxes. After he reads the last one he sits back and says,"There is no mention of her after the the date the 18th of May 2013. After she sold her business."

"She is the most likely lead," Rebecca says as she shakes her head. "Where is her last known residence?"

"In America, Seattle. Although she did move a lot and very frequently," he says with his hand on the mouse, pointing at the article.

"We will have to go to Seattle and interrogate some of the people that knew her. Neighbours, coworkers and so forth."

"I will book your flight ticket right now," her father says as he starts typing. "Is a flight within two days good for you?"

"Yes. Who is coming with?" Rebecca asks as she straightens up and looks around the room.

"We will probably all go, along with one or two guys from the police force."

"Okay..." She drags out in uncertainty.

"What? Do you have a problem with that arrangement?" Her father asks raising his tone slightly. Rebecca gives a quick glance at Kyan and then looks back at her father.