Ch. 1 The Beginning

Okay. All of your comments made me sooo happy on the Epilogue of Something Flowery. But three made me cry. They were:
thegoldenpuppy1
awesomesauce90
And Anonymous_Crazy_Girl
Thank you all so much! It was so hard choosing just three! I love you all and hope you will enjoy this book!

Harry took in a deep breath, swiping some hair from his eyes as he gazed into the mirror. His white tee shirt was crisp and clean, and the black slacks he'd put on were pressed and wrinkle free.

Fifteen... He thought with a smile, rubbing his hand across his jaw. Below him he could hear the chattering of his house guests. His mother, Lily Potter, had insisted he have a party. After all, this was probably the last time he'd have a peaceful birthday.

That thought brought a sick feeling to his stomach, and he sighed, grabbing his blazer and throwing it on over his shirt. Apparently it was supposed to be a 'fancy' dinner with all their friends and family. Really? Harry just wanted to relax with his girlfriend.

Ginny Weasley. Now that was a story. Ginny had long red hair, and freckles that sprinkled her face. She was inhumanly beautiful, at least to Harry, and was a wild flame. She kept Harry firmly in his place, which most guys wouldn't like. But Harry thought it was pretty good. He needed that, as he usually held his heart higher than his head. Anyways, Ginny had brown, chocolate eyes mixed with golden flakes. When he was younger, Harry used to say it was chocolate and butterscotch combined.

Oh, and they were Soulbonded.

Being Bonded meant that the two were forever tied together. Well, they shared a soul, you wouldn't really want to leave after that. Why would you? The Bond sped up their maturing, meaning that they looked like they were around sixteen and seventeen when really they were almost fourteen and fifteen, hence how they both looked pretty good looking at such a young age. Ginny was the younger one, and shorter. Harry had recently taken to affectionately calling her 'Little dear'.

The Bond also sped up their intellect, meaning they learned spells faster and easier. Their magical core was fully mature (Notice how I said core. As in, they kinda shared one. Well, kinda, it was confusing. They each had one half, that's better.) so they were more powerful than their peers. But, it was hard to control. They had to be extremely specific when casting spells, and were learning to limit their cores so they wouldn't try and accio a twig and end up with the full tree.

They were still gaining abilities from this Bond, but it had slowed down significantly. The last ability they had was being jarred into each other's minds when their emotions got too out of control. Then before that it was wandless magic. But doing that was a complete Wild Card. Once, Ginny tried levitating her wand towards her without getting out of bed, and the whole mattress beneath her started floating.

Harry was jarred out of his thoughts as Ginny herself appeared on his patio. Another advantage of the Bond, they could feel where each other was. She had taken to sneaking up on him lately, using her broom to fly over to his house and scaring the living Merlin out of him. She thought it was absolutely hilarious, but he didn't.

Yet again, it was nice having her with him. Every time she was near, he felt completed. Like he was a book missing a few pages. Something that was gone, and he didn't know why it felt that way until he read into his thoughts. When she was there, the pages were back and he was a finished novel, every word in place. When they touched, a glow would erupt from their skin. Once, the year before, someone had told them that it was their soul, connected at the middle.

Ginny smirked from outside his window, sitting on the stone railing with her broom settled beside her. She wore a green sundress, but looked uncomfortable in it. Harry had seen her in a dress about three times, once during a Weasley family get together, once at the Yule Ball, and now. Each time, she looked stunning.

Harry unlocked the sliding glass door, stepping outside with her. Ginny's smirk turned into a smile and she hopped down, taking the few steps to stand in front of him and kiss him softly.

Happy birthday, love. She said through the Bond. Harry wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her quickly.

Surprised you wore a dress. Harry grinned, pulling away to look her over again. You look good. How did you ride a broom all the way over here in that?

Ginny rolled her eyes. I'm wearing shorts underneath. It was still terribly uncomfortable though, you owe me. Harry kissed her forehead, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. In just moments Lily or James would probably come upstairs to see if Harry was ready yet, so he sent Ginny on downstairs so no one would think anything of it. It being, both of them walking downstairs from his bedroom.

Harry sat on his bed heavily, glancing around the blue walls. He used to have Quidditch themed wallpaper, but he started getting annoyed as the players on the wall kept scaring the daylights out of him if he woke up in the night. He still couldn't force his brain to realize they weren't actual people in his room.

The sheets underneath him were green like the grass. Even though it was remodeled, Harry still wanted his room to at least slightly resemble a Quidditch field.

Ginny sent him a wave of calm, and he stood, taking a deep breath. With a final glance out the window, Harry made his way downstairs to see the family he hadn't talked to in years.