Ch. 15 The Order of the Phoenix

The Bonded walked down the hallway hand in hand, glancing around at the house around them. It was both amazing and awful, with the dark walls and shadows looming at every corridor. There was an air of malevolence present with every step they took. The glow from their entwined hands cast the black walls into a dark grey.

There was almost complete silence, except for their footsteps, as they neared the door which lead to the Order. Anxiety bubbled in their stomachs. One of the first things the Order told the kids, they were not allowed in the meetings. Now, Harry and Ginny wondered why they were an exception. And why they were needed.

The door was made of dark wood, which was kind of overboard since the entire house was already completely dark, and when Harry reached for the handle, their reflections stared back from the gold doorknob.

They could certainly pass as adults, they guessed, but it still was strange to see their matured faces. Then Harry's hand covered the metal and the knob turned.

Ginny didn't know what she expected. But it was a lot more fun than what was inside that room. Maybe she expected there to be laughter, a presentation, and donuts. Or maybe she thought it'd have classical music and bright lights, a hostage tied to a table. But, this was much more boring.

People sat at various chairs around the table, remnants of dinner still sticking to the wood, pints of butterbeer or glasses firewhiskey was in everyone's hands. Sirius was still eating some mashed potatoes from dinner, and Dumbledore merrily picked at some sherbet lemon , leftover from dessert.

James and Lily were looking at both kid's with worried eyes, as was Molly and Arthur. They all looked like they were expecting the kids to be scared at this aspect, but quite the opposite happened. The Bonded Children sat quietly at the only two seats. One had been evacuated by Remus, the other Tonks, and the Metamorphagus leaned her elbows on the back of Ginny's seat, giving her a smile then a smirk before leaning back against the wall.

Arthur cleared his throat, and Dumbledore looked up with a wide eyed stare before chuckling and wiping his mouth free from the treat, "Good, The Two are here," He smiled, saying 'The Two' as if it were a name, "Now we can return to business. Alastor, would you kindly explain to the Bonded what they were called here for?"

Moody's magical eye whirled towards them, then down at the table where they held hands in secret. Both of them had hard expressions as they looked at the man that put them on display in class. But of course, that was Barty Jr, not Moody. However, it still made their teeth clench as they thought of his words.

The one that was left behind now has only half of a broken soul.

"You were called in here because of your Bond," Moody said rather bluntly, leaning heavily on his cane as he glanced over the two, "We decided you two should be briefed on what is happening here and now. What the Order is. What is going on. Etcetera." Dumbledore smiled encouragingly at him, then continued.

"I'm sure you know of the Order, but we aren't sure whether you know why it has come back," He said, holding his hands in front of him like he was praying. His robe sleeve fell into his sherbet lemon, but the Bond didn't bring up this detail, "Last year, there was a battle some way away from Hogwarts. Apparently, by you, Ginny, calling Harry back to the maze, you rescued him from being kidnapped and used in Voldemort's plans."

Ginny's breath hitched and Harry stiffened, staring at the man with wide eyes. Dumbledore nodded morosely, then laid his hands palm down on the table.

"We have reason to believe, that Voldemort was able to find another way, and from an insider we believe that he is risen."

This sent a wave of shock through the Bonded, but Harry recovered from it first and his eyes blazed with anger. Images flashed into Ginny's mind. Her lying on the ground after the Burrow had been attacked, his mum crying in James's arms as she muttered about the night in Godric's Hollow, Diagon Alley in tatters, and then Harry pushed up from the table.

"Why aren't we bloody going after him then?" He seethed, "Get it over with! Why aren't people out there right now trying to find him before he rips apart families and destroys homes?"

Everyone looked like they expected this, and all turned to Ginny like they thought she would calm him down. But she only had anger in her, and there was no calm to spare, especially since it was taking all her will not to stand as well and give the Order a piece of her mind.

"Harry, it would be insanely dangerous. We don't even know where he is."

"Visions," Harry replied automatically, "We can find him. So why didn't you tell us? Why did you wait so long?" The room was so silent, Ginny could hear the voices upstairs clearly.

"Because it's dangerous. You would've thrown yourself in battle and we can't have either of you harmed." Remus put a hand on Harry's shoulder, trying to give the boy reason, but Harry just shook his head.

"We wouldn't have. We would've done the opposite. We'd be more careful, we'd plan, we'd train."

"That's what Hogwarts is for, Harry." Dumbledore reminded him. Lily sent another hopeful glance at Ginny, and she took her boyfriend's hand, calming him slightly.

"Sit down, Harry. Let them talk before you go and bite their heads off." She said, almost reprimanding, but also teasingly. Harry stood for a few more seconds, then met eyes with Ginny who raised an eyebrow. He sat and crossed his arms, defeated.

James pressed his lips together like he was holding back a laugh, but managed to send a thankful look towards Ginny and then a teasing one to Harry.

"Okay, explain then. Why do you want us here now?" Ginny asked, leaning on the table.

"Because you two are essential to the war," Sirius supplied, ignoring the look Lily sent him, "And as much as we don't like it, you are the key to us winning. There isn't any other way around it. You are to be protected until your old enough to be of use in battle."

The Bonded were silent, then glanced at their parents. They all had their heads down, as if they were ashamed they agreed to this.

"We'll be... Protected? Then put into war?" Harry said quietly, astonished that this was happening. James rubbed his eyes, then looked at his son.

"You two are the most powerful beings on earth. You've been compared to gods..." He glanced at his son, "In your second year, Harry, you vaporized a basilisk because it was between you and getting to Ginny. Ginny, you healed half of Diagon Alley in a matter of minutes, and you saved my son with your crazy strong telepathic link. You aren't going to be forced into this, but the prophecy.... It's your choice, when you turn seventeen. For now, you'll be protected at all costs and trained even more than before." James said.

The Bonded took a deep breath, exchanged glances, and then both agreed that this year would be like no other. Everything was different from now on.

But they couldn't decided whether that was good or bad.