Ch. 22

I GET A BREAK FROM STUDYING #WEEKEND

Ch. 22
Hogwarts

Fiona sat in their compartment, looking out the window and towards the trees. Harry and Ginny sat across from her, both relaying thoughts through the Bond.

She was a sweet little girl, smiling and talking to them for most of the train ride, but seemed scared stiff by Draco. They knew she was brave, you had to be brave to throw rocks at Death Eaters.

"What's your last name?" Ginny finally asked, the awkward silence becoming more than she could handle. The little girl ripped her gaze from the trees and smiled at her new friend.

"Beckett." The girl responded, her head cocking to the side, "And you're Ginny Weasley," She pointed to Ginny, "And you're Harry Potter." She said happily. Her eyes sparkled as she glanced between the two, "You're awesome."

Both of the kids blushed, glancing at each other, "Thank you, Fiona." Harry smiled, his fingers threaded with Ginny's.

"Oh, you're welcome. It's true though," She stated absolutely serious, "I admire you two. You're so brave..." She shrugged, "My mommy is brave."

"She is? What does she do?" Ginny asked, interested. Fiona beamed, her eyes glinting like a fire.

"She's in the army. She's coming home soon, though." Fiona shrugged again, looking between the Bonded, "I want to be like her when I grow up."

"I'm sure." Ginny smiled, but her heart clenched. Something told her that it wouldn't be too long until Fiona had to go through the same things as her mum.

"You have an American accent." Harry noted. Fiona looked perplexed.

"I used to live in America." Fiona said it as though it were obvious, "Now I live here."

They decided not to ask any more questions.

///

The three stepped off of the Hogwarts express, Fiona sporting her blue tie, and they both smiled down at the girl.

"Why don't you go on to your housemates." Harry ushered, glancing to where Hermione and Ron were waiting. Fiona bit her lip.

"Can't I stay with you?" She begged, looking up at Ginny, who gave Harry a stern glance.

"Of course, we just thought you'd want to go sit with your friends." Ginny explained. Fiona paused.

"Um, no. That's fine. I'll just stay with you." She said quietly, smiling. But she glanced away too fast, staring at the ground as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. Automatically, Ginny knew there was something wrong, but she didn't push it.

"Let's catch up with Hermione and my brother." She smiled at the blonde. Fiona nodded eagerly.

"Of course."

///

They got to the Great Hall quickly, Fiona reluctantly leaving their side to sit with her housemates. Her eyes glanced back at Ginny as she walked away, her hazel eyes dark.

"Seems we have a new teacher." Ginny noted as they sat down at the feast, nodding towards the table as Dumbledore continued his speech. Harry glanced over to where his girlfriend was looking, and saw an awful looking woman dressed in pink. She wore bows and ribbons and frills and a blazer that was tight in all the wrong places. Long story short, she looked like a toad that had been used as a dress-up doll by a four year old girl. Just as he thought that, Dumbledore gestured to the woman.