Agendas and Favors

(Her point of view)

Loki has just left to begin another day with my brother. Before he had walked out, we stood just in front of my doors, holding onto one another in an emotional embrace. We had just made love for the first time in five months. The five longest months of my entire life. I knew that I was ready, but I could see the fear in his eyes as I begged for him to take me. Dr. Lomberan had not officially said that I should refrain from activities such as sex. The only restrictions that have remained are not being able to go on rounds or to use my power. So, I felt quite confident that it was safe to be with my Prince. To be completely honest, I could not help it and found myself no longer caring. It may have been careless on my part, but I could no longer withhold myself from him. I had missed him so much and needed him more than anything. Especially after my dream, I wanted more than ever to comfort him with my body. The joy that filled my heart as he surrendered himself to me was indescribable. I was so overcome with emotion as I lay against him, feeling his heart pounding next to mine. I fought back tears of happiness as best I could, but they eventually came without my consent. I just could not help it. For I truly knew that, were it not for Adrielle and the gods, I would never have had another moment like that with him.

I smile to myself as I begin walking out in the direction of my balcony. As I reach the railing and peer over and down into the gardens, the kindred spirit of the breeze kisses my cheeks with its warm breath. I can smell the coming of a spring rain on its way, but the shower's owning clouds are far, far out over the ocean. It will be at least mid day before they arrive. The scent or roses and wild flowers consume me as I close my eyes to relish in their sweet fragrance. The sun's heat soaks into my skin, making me feel more alive than ever.

As I reopen my eyes, I let them wander over in the direction of the mountain. I see Adamah just at its feet. How much I miss my people. I cannot wait to be out there again.

I continue gazing over my home until my eyes suddenly come to the very farthest backside of the courtyard that lies behind the royal temple. I promised Heimdall that I would call on Adrielle as soon as possible.

I take in a deep breath, praying like anything that what I experienced last night was, indeed, real. I have taught Loki to hold onto hope and to have faith. Now I must do the same.

I quickly bathe, feeling a little giddy at the fact that I no longer need someone's help to do such a simple task. I hated feeling so disabled and weak. And while I was truly thankful to Loki for assisting me so much, I hated that he always had to do everything for me. I have always been independent, and not being able to fend for myself was more of a challenge than I thought it would be.

I rinse my hair and my body, then step out and swiftly dry off. Branye comes in at her impeccable timing to assist me in drying my hair and styling it. I apply my own make up, per my request. I wanted to help in some way. She selects a marvelous, pastel pink gown with long, laced sleeves. A smaller crown of fine gold is pinned into my now wavy hair. I smile as I take in my reflection in my vanity mirror. I look so much healthier now. My cheeks are no longer sunken in and gray, but glowing and peaked with a dusted shade of rose. My lips are no longer thin and cracked, but full and apple red. My eyes have regained their sparkle. My hair even seems to be thicker, more voluminous and is shinier than I ever remember it being.

I offer Branye one final hug, deciding to keep my plans for the day to myself but then she asks where I am heading. I simply reply with, "Town Market. I want to get out for a bit." She eyes me worriedly.

"Alone? Do you think it wise, Christine? What if you were to suddenly grow weak? No one will be there to carry you back." I smile at her, admiring her concern.