Keeping the Secret

(Her point of view)

The week has passed by quickly. Loki has been gone on his rounds and training with my brother. I have stayed busy finishing up with the planning and preparations for the ball. I cannot believe it is tomorrow!

I am beyond excited for more reasons than one. I am unbelievably happy about mine and Loki's event, but I am just as happy about the fact that Thor shall be here to share in our joy. I only hope and pray that he and Loki can find some sort of peace and move on from where they last left. I hope that he accepts Loki's apology and forgives him. But honestly, I feel as though he owes my Prince an apology as well. Loki had told me once that he always felt as though he was smothered by his brother's overpowering, arrogant shadow. He had told me that Thor never really made him feel accepted in their circle of friends. It broke my heart to picture a small, black-haired boy alone in the corner, being avoided by those around him only for being a little quieter than the rest. I did not like to picture him being denied of things such as friendship, love, and acceptance. Everyone should be equally given such things. I find myself, more than ever, thankful to his late mother for her kind and giving heart. I know how much Loki truly adored her, for she was the only one that he claimed really ever made him feel as though he mattered. I know that much has changed since his time on Asgard, but I pray that he and Thor can move past all of what has taken place and actually become brothers once again. Friends.

On a happier note, I do believe that I have done a fairly efficient job at keeping my secret from Loki. Sometimes, I have caught him eyeing me with slight gazes of suspicion. But if he has suspected anything, he never mentioned it. He knows me better than anyone, and I found myself fearing that he might be able to see straight through my attempted poker face. But there again, not once did he question whether or not I was hiding something from him. I hope that he continues to refrain from questioning me, as there is only one day left to go. I do not know if my excitement would allow me to be able to keep the truth from him if he were to actually accuse me of keeping a secret. I have found myself feeling more thankful than ever that I have such a powerful barrier surrounding my mind. Were it not for that, he would know everything instantly.

I did decide to go ahead with telling my parents, Link, Kendha, and Branye of my secret gift. I wanted them to be aware so that they would not be caught off guard when a strange Asgardian walks through the doors of the ballroom. I was a little afraid that my father would be upset with me for not asking for his permission first, but he surprised me yet again by stating that he thought that it was a marvelous idea. He agreed that it would only help Loki in healing from his past, as did my mother. Link was excited to finally meet Thor due to the fact that Loki had mentioned to him more than once that the two of them were so similar. He was interested to see just how true this was.

Link and Kendha had agreed that once Thor arrived at the palace, he could take his rest in their chambers for the day until time to go to the ball. We knew for certain that he would be easily concealed there, as Loki never goes into their room.

Everything has gone according to plan. Now, to just keep my secret hidden from my love for one more day....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Throughout dinner, I have succeeded in keeping up my façade of innocence. Loki seemingly remains unaware and clueless....I think.

After we have finished dining, Loki and I retire early and retreat back to my chambers. We want to be well rested for our event tomorrow.

We are lying on a pallet of many blankets spread across the floor just in front of the fire. My head rests over his heart as the nimble, long fingers of one of his hands run through my hair. His other hand clings to a book that he is reading aloud to me.