A Night to Remember

(His point of view)

I am looking in the mirror, overseeing the final work of Borin and Rowan. I have to admit that I look quite smart in this attire.

My ever loyal servants have selected black pants, knee high riding boots, and a tunic of a different shade. It looks almost to be that of a deep, red wine. A perfect mixture of a ruby red and plum. I have never sported this particular shade before, but once again, I find myself coming to like yet another new color. I fasten my long, black cloak around my shoulders before smoothing my hair back a bit. I contemplate pulling it back into a tail as Link does sometimes. But Rowan insists that I leave it as is. My prominent jawline is sufficiently exposed whether my hair is pulled back or not, according to him.

I reach for my glass of bourbon and take a sip. I focus on its subtle burn as I feel my excitement beginning to rise at the thought of seeing my dear Love once again.

Borin has instructed me that I am to meet her up in the small, hidden room where we went just before the King and Queen's anniversary ball. From there, we are to make our grand entrance as an officially engaged couple.

I down the last bit of my drink as Rowan and Borin emerge from my bathing chambers.

"Ah, I see that you are ready," Rowan states as he approaches me. He gives me one last look over. "Yes, you are definitely ready." A grin tugs at my mouth.

"Thank you for selecting this tunic. I am greatly pleased with the color," I offer. He bows his head in appreciation of my compliment.

"We thought it only appropriate so that you may match your future Queen, your Majesty," he responds in a proud manner. So she will be in this shade as well.

I smile inwardly. Christine will look stunning in this color.

They nod to me as they back away.

"Best be off, Your Highness. The Princess will be waiting for you," Borin says. I offer them my thanks before turning on my heel, practically running in the direction of my destination. Such a mysterious pull she holds over me. I don't think I can get to her fast enough.

I follow the hidden path that Christine had once shown me so as to avoid being seen by the enormous crowd of people that have already begun flowing in. I do not wish to be seen, nor be detoured by someone before I can get to her. In a matter of moments, I am safely hidden behind the burgundy curtain that conceals the small wooden door I have been aiming for. I open it and move inside before shutting it quietly behind me.

I make my way up the spiral stair case, skipping steps until I come to the top. As I turn the last corner, my eyes are met by the captivating burn of a Merlot shaded fabric, the same as my tunic. The long train flows over the floor in spectacular waves as I follow its base up to the body of whom it is attached to. I see the olive tone of her back as it is exposed from the strapless style of her gown. Her hair is pinned up, sitting in a low bun over her left shoulder. I take one step closer as the sound echoes from the walls. She hears this and turns to face me. I almost fall to the floor upon taking her in. She is completely, indescribably breath taking.

Her green eyes shine forth, reflecting the deep color of her gown beautifully. Her large crown flickers beneath the many torch's lights with its large singular diamond twinkling marvelously. Her exposed shoulders look so strong, yet so delicate and feminine. Her full bosom is exquisite beneath the taught fabric. I let my eyes linger there for a moment before traveling down, taking in the sight of this glorious creature before me. I hear her giggle which summons my eyes back up to her face.

"You act as though you have never seen me before," she says in a seductive tone. In a flicker of movement, I am striding across the room, wrapping my arms around her waist and plummeting my lips desperately down onto hers. She returns my heated passion equally as our mouths mold into one another's.